FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Reviving blag

View previous topic :: View next topic  
patrickm
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reviving blag Reply with quote

I was thinking today, perhaps a bit on the bold side, but since there are now serious plans for reviving Blag, why not do this on a new domain?

Let me explain my thoughts. The current site with all bits on it, could remain as it is and in that way would be preserved as it all started and had became. One large archive for all to see and use when needed.

By reviving Blag on a new domain, for example "www.blaglinux.org", a new and fresh start can be made where it is clear that that is a new start without throwing the legacy of Blag overboard.

Just my 2 cents, perhaps something to think about?

bla
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: Reviving blag Reply with quote

Since this domain has already been established and people are familiar with the domain name, I think this is to our benefit. I think we need an overall re-design.

patrickm wrote:
I was thinking today, perhaps a bit on the bold side, but since there are now serious plans for reviving Blag, why not do this on a new domain?

Let me explain my thoughts. The current site with all bits on it, could remain as it is and in that way would be preserved as it all started and had became. One large archive for all to see and use when needed.

By reviving Blag on a new domain, for example "www.blaglinux.org", a new and fresh start can be made where it is clear that that is a new start without throwing the legacy of Blag overboard.

Just my 2 cents, perhaps something to think about?

zenblagger
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Blag isn't only for le Brixton Linux Action Group but Blag Linux And GNU too.
patrickm
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Reviving blag Reply with quote

tearms wrote:
I think we need an overall re-design.

Always available if you need an extra hand.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP