FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
BLAG 129K Alpha and the eeePC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
extraspecialbitter
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: BLAG 129K Alpha and the eeePC Reply with quote

Has anyone tried installing BLAG 129K on an eeePC? I have a 1005HA, which features an Atheros chipset that generally plays pretty well with Linux. I'm currently running a customized Debian Squeeze on it, but might consider experimenting. I just thought I'd ask if someone else had been down this path before.
zenblagger
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No! But can say it runs on lenovo ideapad s10. I had to compile broadcom sta driver because that broadcom card doesn't work with openfwwf free driver.
veganix
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that 119k runs very well on my 1005 HA. Even with compiz, if that's your fancy;) Networking works without any trouble. Dualbooting with squeeze at the moment.

robert

extraspecialbitter
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veganix wrote:
I can confirm that 119k runs very well on my 1005 HA. Even with compiz, if that's your fancy;) Networking works without any trouble. Dualbooting with squeeze at the moment.

robert

That's good to know. By "networking" do you mean wired and wireless? If so, I think I've got a project for the weekend... :^)

veganix
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

extraspecialbitter wrote:
That's good to know. By "networking" do you mean wired and wireless? If so, I think I've got a project for the weekend... :^)

Yep. Both cable and non-cable worked for me without any hassle:-)

robert

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP