FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
"no modification permitted"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daniel
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: "no modification permitted" Reply with quote

In the alpha version of blag, I can find software in PackageKit which is marked as "redistributable, no modification permitted". FSF claims that the four essential software freedoms is:
Quote:

* The freedom to run the program, for any purpose (freedom 0).
* The freedom to study how the program works, and change it to make it do what you wish (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
* The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor (freedom 2).
* The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others (freedom 3). By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.

Alas, software licensed as "redistributable, no modification permitted", is not free software.

It appears to me that the repos in alpha is fedora repos, but still: is it supposed to be nonfree software easily available in a repository enabled by default in any blag?

This might just be some mistake, but if it's not, we should discuss this.

zenblagger
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! For now it's fedora repo. Blag 120k repo is on the run. Don't forget it's a beta version!
daniel
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, then. I was just wondering :)

And by the way, alpha looks great. Wifi, graphics, and everything else worked great out of the box! I hasn't got the same "blaggish" feel that 90k had, but I'm sure everything will be excellent by the final release.

zenblagger
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! You can install blag icons and logo from riseup: https://we.riseup.net/blag+artist/really-little-guys-icon-set-for-119k-beta+55527
You must be logged.

patrickm
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daniel wrote:
I hasn't got the same "blaggish" feel that 90k had, but I'm sure everything will be excellent by the final release.

The graphics guys are working hard on that one ;-)

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP