BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:20 am 

Hi blaggers,

We talked about this with cyrille, yesterday, and it appears that there are two categories of blaggers : the dinosaurs and the baby new borns :)

The problem is : we, the baby new born, are a bit lost in the organisation. Looks like everyone has his own server, we share about 7 different mediums for developpment (identi, blag site/forum/wiki, riseup, blogs...)

So, my question is : is there really a need for this all, or wouldn't it be possible de center on a few mediums, correctly defined? BTW, I find riseup awful to use :)

Here is a part of my reply : we have a forum, we just need an image hosting service and a file hosting service, and some more categories on the development part, and so we could center on this website. But, I don't know if the server characteristics will support it :s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:53 pm 

Some people have their own website and server that were not dedicated for blag.
Identi.ca is a social network for free software activists; so it's not something dedicated for blag but for all free software fighters.
It was decided that blag website and other things would move on FSF server. I think it's still the goal. (Remember that when Jebba quit, we were with no server, website, etc. and for some time with no access to the old ones.)
Riseup was created to have something in common for working on blag.
Main sites are blablagblag.org, Forum and wiki. I think it's the same for all distros, no?
We may put all the work on blagblagblag.org if you want; so no problem with American Laws (I thought about libdvdcss and others).
I've access to it and may ask Jason what he thinks about that.
A not so old blaggie.

PS: I think for such discussions, we may use blag-whereto mailing list: https://lists.aktivix.org/mailman/listinfo/blag-whereto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:13 am 

This may not be the right place to ask, but is there any thought to the ISO's, etc, being hosted on sourceforge? Would make things a little more accessible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:16 pm 

The iso *should* be hosted soon on fsf servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:59 am 

I think we should come up with a coherent plan for backing everything up. Instructions on how to mirror the setup of the BLAG website would be good and short instructions on how to use
Code:
wget
to mirror the site + forums + ISOs/repos would be good too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:24 pm 

This should be post on the wiki (Mirroring, etc.). I think too that all the documentation about how to build the repo, how to build live cd, etc. must be on the wiki.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:49 am 

Hey, I created a new page and a link to the page on the BLAG wiki: https://blag.wiki.aktivix.org/Mirroring_BLAG_Website

I'm not sure how much of the forum/wiki should be backed up and maybe we should have instructions for downloading all ISOs or something too.