FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Iso location

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jBarry
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Iso location Reply with quote

Hey!!!

Is too much of a trouble if I request the download page be updated to include the ISO's for the 20K and 30K. I know it's not done yet but maybe somebody wants to find it (like me I actually have to search the forums for it)

Just a suggestion thats all.

jBarry
jebba
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the idea was to just have stable releases there. That way just folks that really want to install it will hunt it down & find it. If it's on the front page a lot more people will install it and this just means headaches down the road supporting it as version numbers bounce around. If folks really want it, they'll find it. ;)

-Jeff

stevo32
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify: the 19k and 29k releases are ALPHA/BETA QUALITY and are not meant to be downloaded by most people. They are for testing, and are not for most people :) So we don't want most people finding them :D The only people who we want to find them are the experienced users, who hang out in the forum/IRC.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though 29k is a beta version....It is pretty stable for the most part(aside from the whole
10k upgrade prob). I think it has evolved ito such a point that maybe more users could try it. Just note that once again,use at your own risk. If you are confident that nothing will go wrong,I say give it a shot. It is much faster than 10k,and theoretically it can support more hardware.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

demitri: we are no longer encouraging anybody to use 20k betas, and we're moving all testers to 30k alphas/betas. No more work on BLAG 19/20k is to be done. So just focus on 30k.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant 29k....I didn't steer anyone to 19k by any means. In my post I specifically said 29k. Its alright though. 29k is still good enough to use anyway :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, must have misread it. I'm a little on the exhausted side this week :D .

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP