BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:34 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Ron Paul 2012
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:54 am 

Ron Paul 2012! The only real choice we have left!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:47 am 

The reason that libertarians like Ron Paul support state's rights is that when you take the federal government out of the picture it basically gives large corporations more flexibility to do whatever the hell they want to do. Libertarians aren't progressive, they're just greedy. While the federal government is certainly not anti-corporate it will occasionally intervene when pressure is put upon it (OSHA for example). States are in a much weaker position to do this. Without the strong arm of the federal government intervening the civil rights movement would have ended in the kind of blood baths that happened in the south after the civil war, which themselves were only suppressed by northern military occupation of the south.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:04 pm 

crewman wrote:
The reason that libertarians like Ron Paul support state's rights is that when you take the federal government out of the picture it basically gives large corporations more flexibility to do whatever the hell they want to do. Libertarians aren't progressive, they're just greedy. While the federal government is certainly not anti-corporate it will occasionally intervene when pressure is put upon it (OSHA for example). States are in a much weaker position to do this. Without the strong arm of the federal government intervening the civil rights movement would have ended in the kind of blood baths that happened in the south after the civil war, which themselves were only suppressed by northern military occupation of the south.

You're kind of making me laugh. You are an anarchist who is sitting here championing big government? Taking the federal government out of the picture does not empower a corporation any more or less. The states are more than powerful enough to intervene in business. Those states where intervention is more prevalent will see higher unemployment figures. It really is that simple. Where we have less government intervention we will see lower unemployment figures. Think rust belt vs buy bull belt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:05 pm 

I certainly do not want to look at Ron Paul's ugly mug when I open a browser. Duck Duck Go may be a good start page instead.

Though nothing will actually improve the personalized search results that allow sheltered people to hide under their rock forever. I am planning on grabbing Ely Pariser's new book titled " The Filter Bubble: What The Internet Is Hiding From You"

If what I've heard so far is true, Google, Yahoo, Bing and the rest of the new age of BS they call the World Wide Web, may actually be contributing to ignorance as apposed to fighting it.
Since we're being tracked everywhere we go by ad fiends, personalizing our search results for us, our results may not be some one else's. It means that many people will read what they want to read instead of what they have to read. This promotion of lalala vs reality, may have added to the Ron Paul frenzy, as many of these people do not know who Dennis Kucinich is, even though he has all the good stuff that Paul has, without the erk "barf* that comes with him. Or even some of the valiant independents like Bernie Sanders.

People are being deprived of knowledge by the medium that's supposed to be our greatest source of information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:12 pm 

Only Americans speak about Ron Paul. Libertarianism is only the freedom of the riches!
Speaking about libertarianism and Ron Paul when speaking about anarchism is for me a joke!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:21 pm 

Quote:
Only Americans speak about Ron Paul

Be more specific. There's three Americas.

Quote:
Libertarianism is only the freedom of the riches!

*Clapping*

Quote:
Speaking about libertarianism and Ron Paul when speaking about anarchism is for me a joke!

Perhaps your sense of humor is bit more narrow, personally I laugh at all republicans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:13 pm 

I hadn't meant for it to be REALLY personal. Just some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:07 pm 

Linuxis wrote:
Quote:

I think there's more than 3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:50 pm 

vx wrote:
Linuxis wrote:
Quote:

I think there's more than 3

North, South, Central

What else is there?

Canada is not a continent, the U.S of A is not a continent, Mexico is not a continent.

There are three Americas. Though some could argue that Central America is too small to constitute a continent. It's not really a continent, it's an in between area that bridges North and South America. However it's in the middle thus it's the Middle America.

If you don't believe me, you should check a globe or map. Though I certainly would like to believe that everyone knows where everything in the world is.
However we have politicians (Aka: The Palins; The Bachmans...) who act as so mighty, considering their inability to locate Canada on a map, or anything for that matter.

I know many of you aren't from the Americas, however I think that it's unforgivable for anyone from the Americas to display such open ignorance about something everyone should know.

It may be the horrid educational system that's been imposed lately or the Media's glorification of stupidity. However we will all age one day and die and it's important to have tomorrow's youth competent and able. If they aren't then we have no right to optimism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:16 pm 

Linuxis wrote:
North, South, Central

What else is there?

Canada is not a continent, the U.S of A is not a continent, Mexico is not a continent.

There are three Americas. Though some could argue that Central America is too small to constitute a continent. It's not really a continent, it's an in between area that bridges North and South America. However it's in the middle thus it's the Middle America.

the 3 regions you mentioned are correct

but culturally (and economically) speaking there are important diferences betwen each other. "Mesoamerica" is recognized as an important region in-betwen with a special identity that can't be divided with the borders that maps showing us today.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... esoamerica

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:36 pm 

Everybody knows that when we speak about Americans, we speak about The US.
K! I'm American, too! I'm from the Caribbean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:56 am 

<i>Everybody knows that when we speak about Americans, we speak about The US.
K! I'm American, too! I'm from the Caribbean.</i>

I have friends who risked their lives in the UPR student movement. I still wonder if their ok because the Government crackdown on University students and dissent is so massive.

Despite being born within the United States, I don't define myself as Amercian. It's too abstract and broad a term. The only people that really deserve to be called American in the literal sense, are the Natives whose land was stolen.

Anyone else is European American, Asian American....etc;

Because of the bloody history and oppression that makes up the bulk of U.S history, there can only ever be an Asterisk in place for anyone that truly understands that injustice.

I could go far beyond just those guidelines, and say I'd be offended by any attempts to classify me as anything but a human being. Fore it's those superficial and narrow divisions (race, creed, class...etc;) that are plaguing us today and more then just giving certain ignorant and hateful people a reason to hate others, but they are causing the middle and lower classes to bicker amongst themselves as their livelihoods and their communities are being dismantled all around them.

So I've made it a mental note to try and rid myself of all superficial ties, except to the Earth itself, whatever persons maintain a sense of compassion and justice in their hearts and the fundamentals of life.

VX, I'd like to thank you for the link.
I've heard the term before but it slipped my mind. I hate when new information pushes old information out of my head. As Mesoamerica can't be classified on a map though, I don't know if it can be considered a geographical area, but a historical cultural area. I'm not sure how I'd map it either. I'm rather stumped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:07 pm 

Junichirô wrote:
Only Americans speak about Ron Paul. Libertarianism is only the freedom of the riches!

Do you really think that within a capitalist society money isn't vital to existence? Try giving away all of your money, all of your clothing except for that which you're currently wearing, take away you car, and see how long you can live in a relatively urban setting. This is something that occurred non-voluntarily to many of my friends. I ended up having to drive several of them to the hospital. It wasn't pretty. Freedom of the riches is the first freedom that most people care about. Beyond that, libertarians (Ron Paul and myself included) believe that each person's rights end where the next person's rights begin. How is that only freedom of the riches? You are correct in a few things: I do not believe that you have a right to someone else's expertise (think free health care). I do not believe that you have a right to vote. I do not believe that you have a right to water, food, or anything else. If you can get water and food on your own, sure. If you can purchase it from someone else, sure. Voting is a privelege awarded to those who do not commit felonies. While I feel that it should not be that way, I would ask people to take a basic quiz about the position for which they are voting someone in or out. I think that's fair. If you have no idea what a congressman does, you shouldn't be voting. This isn't American Idol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:07 pm 

Quote:
Anarchists believe property is theft. Libertarians believe everything
is property.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:42 pm 

[quote="(Snip) Duck Duck Go may be a good start page instead. (Major snip)

[/quote]

Another one is Ixquick/Startpage which is the only search engine with an European Privacy seal, for whatever that is worth. Some merit I suspect given that they have been working toward privacy for a while.

Allen

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8