FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
BLAG10K & 2.6.10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: BLAG10K & 2.6.10 Reply with quote

What is the general outcome of people applying the 2.6.10 kernel to BLAG10K? It doesn't really seem to like any FC1 based OS systems I use. Fine with 20K and 29K test runs. I compile 2.4.x kernels fine and all work just great. It is only the 2.6.10 that gives me errors. I am currently trying to get it to work on a Dual Xeon and it just doesn't boot up even after using make oldconfig. Anyone else had this issue?
jebba
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some info here:
http://wiki.blagblagblag.org/Linux_2.6_on_BLAG9000

stevo32
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, the new BLAG on CoLinux project I'm using is based of FC1 (its been 10Kified) and uses a Linux 2.6.10 kernel. Might want to look into that, it might help you out, although I think the link jebba gave you will help you out more.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I checked out both the Wiki and the CoLinux project before posting but had to make sure it wasn't some sort of known bug unknown to myself. I have compiled 2.6.10 tons of times on numerous boxes so I know it is not an issue with what I am doing.

I think the issue is actually something to do with an existing configuration on the box that was dumped there from an image in the datacentre. Not optimised or tweaked or anything really. Just working and scarcely at that. So make oldconfig is causing issues. I am going to rebuild the kernel completely anyways.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP