BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Flash vs Gnash
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:42 pm 

Some problems appear playing youtube and Grooveshark, although I have (supposedly) downloaded and installed the last Flash and Gnash versions, but I don't know if can be some incompatibility between each one... or that has to be some further configuration (of Gnash and Flash)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:46 pm 

It's gnash orflash. But we are on a free distro so we can't encourage people to use non-free stuff. Youtube works fine without adobe flash.

http://forums.blagblagblag.org/viewtopic.php?t=4649

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:42 pm 

Junichirô wrote:
It's gnash orflash. But we are on a free distro so we can't encourage people to use non-free stuff. Youtube works fine without adobe flash.

Youtube was working well before (when I used other distros... so I don't know why it doesn't work well now... perhaps I need some Blag update(?)
And the issue with Grooveshark is that they say that I can use the HTML5 version without Flash... but (again) I don't know if I have to download something to run HTML5 on Blag140

-Indeed, Youtube says to install gnash 0.8.9... but when I click to install it says that it is not available...
:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:09 pm 

Hey guy!
If you want you may try this: ftp://blag.fsf.org/160000/en/iso/
We are working on it; for now it works with fedora repo so you'll not have problem to update or install file. You'll see there is claws as mail client by default; of course you may stay with it but blag default mail is sylpheed.

PS: you may stay with 140k if you want but think it'll be better to use fedora 14 repos.

PS 2: gnash 0.8.9 is on blag 140k repo.
For 64 bits: ftp://blag.fsf.org/140000/en/os/x86_64/BLAG.fedora-updates/gnash-0.8.9-4.fc14.x86_64.rpm

For 32 bits: ftp://blag.fsf.org/140000/en/os/i386/BLAG.fedora-updates/gnash-0.8.9-4.fc14.i686.rpm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:34 am 

If i remember correctly, you also need gstreamer-ffmpeg and possibly gstreamer-plugins-bad to get youtube working with gnash. You will find both in the rpmfusion-free repo, which must be added manually if you want it. The configuration for BLAG 140k (fedora 14) is no longer on the rpmfusion site, but you should be able to set it up by doing as root:
Code:
rpm -ivh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/releases/14/Everything/i386/os/rpmfusion-free-release-14-0.4.noarch.rpm

Substitute "i386" with "x86_64" if you are on a 64-bit system. Then run "yum update". The first time you install something from the rpmfusion repo you will be asked if you want to accept their gpg key.

As for html5 (assuming that you are using Icecat as browser)it might be because the files are encoded with a non-free codec like h264. Mozilla have until recently been reluctant to support these.

Fedora 14 (and so 140k) is no longer being actively updated. As Junichirô suggests, feel free to try 160k. It is very stable by now, and you get newer versions of everything:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:40 am 

Junichirô wrote:
Hey guy!
If you want you may try this: ftp://blag.fsf.org/160000/en/iso/

OK. I'll Try it. Thank You.
(Even I think there is a way to mount the .iso in the SSD and make it work as the original burnt CD... to try it first... I have to read more...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:28 pm 

we'll tell you how to add blag icons theme and other little things. You may come on blag IRC channel too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:21 pm 

Junichirô wrote:
we'll tell you how to add blag icons theme and other little things. You may come on blag IRC channel too.

OK... See U soon...
I'm just a Blag (Passionate) Rookie...
:)