FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Translations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tearms
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Translations Reply with quote

Over the past several years, individuals have wanted to make contributions to help translate content. There has never been a formal process we've had in place and there has been interest to have translations done in French, German and Spanish most recently.

For those who have experience, your knowledge about the projects you've participated in will be most helpful to establishing the framework that is needed. English is my native language and I'd like to address translations when people are willing to commit their time to do them.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can offer Spanish (Castellano) and Basque/Euskara.
I'm not native in either but can do the translations and then have them checked by a native speaker.

tearms
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank you for you for the contribution. I will be in contact with you and anyone else interested in translations. I am going to let a few people respond to get more feedback and gauge if there are other languages people have an interest in. From there, I'd like to schedule a time to discuss the process more.

pistonbrew wrote:
I can offer Spanish (Castellano) and Basque/Euskara.
I'm not native in either but can do the translations and then have them checked by a native speaker.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be the correct section- Sorry i missed you. I had a lot of work to do in RL.

I've done most of the translations for Manjaro Linux using transifex. It is quite convenient for translators but it's not free as in free speech but still free as in beer. I don't know if you want to use it for that reason. I'm happy if someone simply provides me with a text file to translate. But this only works if i'm the only one to translate into German.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP