Communication(optimize communication channels to the world) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Contributor(helping new and existing users with BLAG) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
OS Development(bring your skills to develop the OS) 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Translation(help bring translation to different languages) 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
Web Developers(maintain site, wiki, forums) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:53 pm 

Good Day All,

Throughout the years the community has worked to revitalize BLAG and several releases have been created to maintain the underlying goal of the distribution. However because we have not been able to consistently remain active in our releases and structure the ecosystem to maintain releases, we have been removed from the list of endorsed Free GNU/Linux distros. On our 12th anniversary since the first release, I would like to not simply discuss developing a new release, but come together and release blag200000.

On Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 7PM GMT via IRC, let's unite to discuss where you can contribute.

Our presence here today attest to the resilience of the principles that drew each individual here, whether from Fedora or another distribution. Each individual possesses skills, whether we are beginners or veterans that allows us to give in a unique way.
The community here is a group of dedicated blaggers who commit their knowledge, resources, time and energy and I would like to see the community transform our use of GNU/Linux consistently towards development.

I was drawn to BLAG because I wanted to commit to using a fully free kernel and packages that respected my freedom. What I discovered was a community of individuals who shared similar ideals and had a different perspectives about free software, global politics, lifestyle and a good sense of humor.

I would like us all to see a release that reminds us why we fell in love with BLAG and gives others a reason to fall in love with GNU/Linux.

Post subject: Blags Return
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:47 pm 

Blag was the first distro which I got fully functional, played 3d games on, and with which I felt fully at home. I have a sentimental spot in my psyche for Blag and am happy to see it back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:29 am 

That's great news!

Post subject: Re: Blags Return
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:23 pm 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It's good to be back and working on a new release. What games were you first playing when you started using BLAG and are you still gaming now on GNU/Linux.

VoteForGovBlag wrote:
Blag was the first distro which I got fully functional, played 3d games on, and with which I felt fully at home. I have a sentimental spot in my psyche for Blag and am happy to see it back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:41 pm 

If there's anything to be translated into German, just let me know. I haven't found a link for translations yet. Sorry if this is the wrong section, i just joined.

Post subject: German Translations
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:49 pm 

Thank you for joining. Our wiki is currently in the process of being migrated to be re-hosted on our domain and your help with translations would be welcome. I also have plans for a site re-design and translations there would also be an area that would be invaluable.

kazim is currently working on the migration and once he has completed it. I will have him contact you to get further details. I hope to put a call out for site re-designs in mid-June for web developers who might be interested in working on a re-design

I am new to translations and if you have experience with this, I would be interested in discussing with you more ideas for how we can best accept translations that would be applicable to German and all languages.

I am currently on IRC. You can connect using the webchat or via your IRC client using the settings in this forum post. The channel is #blag

Verändert wrote:
If there's anything to be translated into German, just let me know. I haven't found a link for translations yet. Sorry if this is the wrong section, i just joined.

Post subject: Good to have you back
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:19 am 

Great to see that Blag is back - inspired me to start on the Linux road many years ago - great to see ppl have the drive to keep this going

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:39 pm 

Thanks for your reply and welcome

joda wrote:
Great to see that Blag is back - inspired me to start on the Linux road many years ago - great to see ppl have the drive to keep this going

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:01 pm 

Six months ago, I set out to release a new version of BLAG. Today, Alpha releases of GNOME, MATE, LXDE and XFCE are available for those who are willing to download, test and provide feedback toward reaching that goal. I've
noted changes from the PreAlpha that was released over the summer and I look forward to any feedback you can provide for this release.

Continuing along this process, I'd ask that you provide feedback to the developersmailing list until the final release is ready for everyday use.

The volume on the forum over the past few months has been non-existent as there have not been any active releases over the past two years. With the current and future development, I want to move conversations inline with having a more participatory community. The mailing list and IRC does that best right now, in respect to the convenience of e-mail and ability to reply without the need to login.

In its present state, the forums have a good amount of information that can be helpful to newcomers. Where it is relevant, I believe it provides good documentation and serves as a historical archive to what has taken place here.

Once we have releases, I hope it will serve its original purpose well in combination with the forums, IRC and the mailing list.

Ideas on this are also welcome on this.

I appreciate all those who continue to show their support and commitment.