FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Gaim instant messenger

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Oberdorfer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Gaim instant messenger Reply with quote

Hi, I noticed that Gaim was up to version 1.14 now. I am still running 0.82 on my blag 10000 box. Any chance it could be upgraded with synaptic?
Jason
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest version in the repository is the same as the one you have. You could just get the latest FC1 RPM from http://gaim.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

Then type rpm -Uvh gaim-1.1.4-0fc1.i386.rpm in the terminal as root.

Beware though, you *may* need to uninstall your old RPM otherwise it will show the old version even if you have updated. Give it a go though.

jebba
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that the place I was rsyncing fedora-legacy updates from is a broken link. There is a newer version of gaim for 10k, but I don't think it's the /absolute/ most recent version. It is of the 1.x era though.

I'm resyncing right now--it should be ready in a couple hours or so.

You can update via synaptic.

Thanks,

-Jeff

John
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jebba
stevo32
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebba wrote:
I just noticed that the place I was rsyncing fedora-legacy updates from is a broken link. There is a newer version of gaim for 10k, but I don't think it's the /absolute/ most recent version. It is of the 1.x era though.

I'm resyncing right now--it should be ready in a couple hours or so.

You can update via synaptic.

Thanks,

-Jeff

That might explain the general lack of BLAG 10K updates since October (when coincidence, the raid was! Most likely related...). Thanks for fixing this :)

Thanks,

Stephen Clement

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo32 wrote:
That might explain the general lack of BLAG 10K updates since October (when coincidence, the raid was! Most likely related...).

Well, not really. Fedora legacy didn't release a single update (that I see) between December 18th and February 2nd...

Since there were so few updates, it took me awhile to realize that there /weren't/ updates when they starting publishing them again.

-Jeff

stevo32
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, ok. Just glad it's fixed now. :) Thanks for fixing this jebba.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP