FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
The Naming of 30k

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSS_Killer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: The Naming of 30k Reply with quote

I think we are at a stage to try some names for the 30k release...so start posting ideas for the name of this upcomming release.

I would suggest the name Iceburg since it rolls off the tongue pretty well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC3=Heidelberg

I've done parodies of that in the past. Hmm, I brainstormed on this awhile a month ago. I think Lederhosen was my favorite. ;) Iceberg is good too.

Or..... "The BLAG SCO Release" == Secret Court Order
Considering the fact that the blag server was taken under a still-secret court order. ;)

stevo32
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, it'd be best to have a non-political name. I do like the name of 'Iceberg', however.

Thanks,

Stephen Clement

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why non-politcal?
qa1433
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
I like Iceburg also!
paul 8)

Jason
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a political name would be great. Why not stick a finger up to the authorities who seem to be doing a damn good job of it themselves.
john maclean
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An impulse reaction says "Iceberg". Simple and spellable.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebba wrote:
Why non-politcal?

I just don't think a political name is a good idea. I know a friend who wouldn't be too pleased with a political name, and getting him to try BLAG in the first place was far from easy.

Just my $0.02, however.

BTW, my main reason for not liking the political idea was i don't quite like calling it 'SCO Edition'...because then I'd get people asking 'What about the non-SCO edition?'. Just depends on what it is.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blag 30k = "The Feeding of the 30K" I don't know why, but it popped into my head earlier.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dmorin wrote:
Blag 30k = "The Feeding of the 30K" I don't know why, but it popped into my head earlier.

Heh. I like that too. Doesn't make any sense to me though. ;)

Dmorin
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first Crass record was "The Feeding of the 5000" it just seems fitting for some reason. I like SCO release too. If someone doesn't want to use Blag because of a political name they should just keep on using micro$oft.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Winchester good for you Engish chaps, and sounds like a rifle for us rednecks Ha! Just kidding, Name it what you wanna...
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP