FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
My 29k .00050 Installation Experience (Problems)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebba
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you /need/ cups? if not, just leave it disabled.

If, after you boot up, you run:
Code:
/sbin/service cups start

Does it also still hang?

-Jeff

keesje76
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Dell Latitude Powersave error Reply with quote

My laptop is locking up when going into 'sleep modus' so to call. The only thing I can do is power down/up. (or keeping so busy the laptop doesn't fall asleep) :)
Is there a solution?

jebba
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Dell Latitude Powersave error Reply with quote

keesje76 wrote:
My laptop is locking up when going into 'sleep modus' so to call. The only thing I can do is power down/up. (or keeping so busy the laptop doesn't fall asleep) :)
Is there a solution?

I have seen this myself. You're talking 49k alpha right? I just tested it for a minute as it wasn't my laptop...

Perhaps a newer kernel coming down the pipe will help out. I know there's been lots of work in the linux suspend stuff, but i don't know what state it's at in fc5.

-Jeff

weyasey
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can change the setting by going in prefrences -> more prefrences-> power management, then change the settings to what you want.

Vas

Page 2 of 2

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP