BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: BLAG Reviewed
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:53 am 
Site Admin

http://www.capnkirby.com/blag30k.html

There was a brief review of BLAG. The reviewer doesn't state it, but he actually reviewed a beta release (he had an older kernel & desktop which clued that off).

Anyway, it's an OK review, but a bit tame.

Later,

-Jeff

Post subject: Re: BLAG Reviewed
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:43 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
For a group that really sounds like they want to take over the world one desktop at a time, I kind of expected more than a cool icon set and a semi-disturbing wallpaper.

First sentence shows it all. I really cannot read that review and take it seriously based on that. Wife wants desktop changed? WTF is this the Waltons or something? Did he not create her a user account with her own wallpaper? Let me guess they want the gay blue background. Maybe they want it to look like Windows or OSX. Oh wait here is a link to his site wallpapers.

http://www.capnkirby.com/Background%20Page.html

Maybe he should give her one of those. Why can someone with a site seemingly dedicated to Linux not get away from the brainwashing Windows themes? Is this someone who uses Linux because of their love for it? Maybe someone who wants to be cool so they think Linux will make them this way. The only problem is they love Windows and want their Linux to be Windows. Linux != Windows.

For a Linux savvy person maybe he needs to stop overlooking themes. BLAG doesn't request a creation of a user account? Actually it does because it did it for me.

BLAG for me is nothing like Fedora. For starters it is quicker, doesn't come with all the bloat and can be as small or as large as you want. He said so himself BLAG is quick. Then he said it is like Fedora which for most people isn't too quick. Contradictions?

A general conception is you try one Linux and you try them all. For the most part it is true. For BLAG it isn't. BLAG is Linux made easy without making you think you are retarded.

BLAG has flaws sure. It cannot play games well but Linux as a whole is the same. It cannot play nice with all wireless cards but it does tell you what is wrong. However out of all the distros out there, it is the most stripped down-get-rid-of-crap distro I have used.

It comes on a mere 1 CD so it can be downloaded on a typical 512k connection in 3 hours. I am not biased towards BLAG in anyway. I still have Windows installed for Photoshop and gaming. I got Slack installed and some half arsed install of Gentoo. So I have been around the block. However I do know a good OS when I see it and BLAG is the best OS I have ever used period.