FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Gnumerice rendering

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparks
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Gnumerice rendering Reply with quote

Blag is a blast and I am very impressed. While working with Gnumeric I noticed that when entering a number in a cell it did not format correctly. The number 22 appears as 2 2 ( a space between each number). I tried the formatting commands but they did not correct the situation. I am stumped. Any suggestions
jebba
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I can't reproduce it here. Perhaps it is the font set you are using. Did you change gnome's default fonts, by any chance?
sparks
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. No, I did not change anything. What I described was the stock font representation the first time I ran the program. Abiword looks great and so does my browser. After a reboot I tried to vary the font settings (within Gnumeric)but that had no effect.
kazim
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem here is that Gnumeric uses HELVETICA as the default font. I find I have to select the whole spreadsheet and change the font to something more normal, like ARIAL, then it reads OK.

We need to figure out how to change the default font in Gnumeric. I have pottered around the menus but cant find any systemwide "Options" or "Defaults". Anyone know where to set them :?:

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP