FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Video conversion on Linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yavez
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Video conversion on Linux Reply with quote

Hey fellow Blaggers,

I've been using windows for my video conversion needs (and the excellent KVCD for DVD conversions). Recently on the KVCD.net forums new software has been released to enable KVCD creation through mencoder on linux boxes. Here is the topic... http://kvcd.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=81&sid=9a35d53820e9370580caab6ca20356cd
and it might prove useful for your video conversion needs.

Haven't tried it myself yet, still new to Blag and linux, but hope it helps someone out.

Adios

jebba
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. mencoder is in blag. It's part of mplayer. There's transcode and a couple others too.

-Jeff

Triangle
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For other conversions than DVD, Avidemux2 works fine on BLAG 10K (FFMpeg codecs)
TSS_Killer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep,avudemux2 is very good....also the nice double post has been erased.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi LOL,

If I made a double post it is due to the Windows 98 machine from my office (f.....g mouse, I was clicking & clicking in a frozen screen).
The good side of this is since I show my personnal laptop connected on the office network with a BLAG installed, all my friends want me to install BLAG @ home! (And my screen never be frozen ;-))

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP