BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Going to delete Blag
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:31 pm 
I installed it a few days ago, it is pretty nice. But then I went in firefox and opened the bookmarks one day (yes it took me several days to notice this), and saw all this 'Activism' crap.
Go to hell with all of your hypocritical whiny leftie/human rights/"our oppressive racist sexist society is so evil" bs. I am uninstalling it simply because I hate worthless snobbish politics nerds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

Uh, ok. Bye guest. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:39 pm 
It's impossible to hide anywhere from you politics losers these days. You are everywhere, flooding the whole internet with your stupidity. All I wanted to do is to use linux, not to become a soldier in your stupid activism army. Do you think that I will suddenly care about your dumb 'causes' just because you selfishly[b] and [b]unprofessionally shoved your links in my face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:39 pm 
Oh no.. a broken tag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

Uh, how did the link get shoved in your face? BLAG hardly spams the 'net (announcements only get sent to distrowatch, freshmeat, & lwn--as is appropriate). The very first paragraph of the front page of our website explains what the distro is "about". If you had merely looked there before going through the entire process of downloading and installing, you wouldn't have arrived at the place where you are now.

Perhaps you should engage constructively with this politics you find "everywhere". Ad hominen is worthless.

-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:52 pm 

I couldnt stand it, I had to reply. I am a very conservative, US Citizen. I am a former active duty military member currently serving in the National Guard. I have seen service in both Iraq and Afghanistan, recently, and in 1991. I voted conservative in nearly all elections of the past 20 years.

Yet, I still use BLAG. It has nothing to do with politics, it just works, and it works perfectly, with some modification on my HP laptop.

Sure, some of the links annoy me, or more correctly, I do not agree with their views. But I do remember that I was an active Green Peace member for over 10 years. So what. It still has nothing to do with BLAG.

If you do not like the links, just delete them. I did, and I stay away from the political section of the forum. Anywhere else in BLAG, I do not see liberal views filtering into anything, and even if I did, I would exercise my freedom of speech, which includes the freedom from speach.

Sorry, I am rambling, but this whole thing just annoyed me.

apteryx....conservative, and still using BLAG.

Post subject: Re: Going to delete Blag
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:53 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
I installed it a few days ago, it is pretty nice. But then I went in firefox and opened the bookmarks one day (yes it took me several days to notice this), and saw all this 'Activism' crap.
Go to hell with all of your hypocritical whiny leftie/human rights/"our oppressive racist sexist society is so evil" bs. I am uninstalling it simply because I hate worthless snobbish politics nerds.

Thanx for the hint... Lots of stuff to read about next weeks...
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:00 pm 
Hehe.. see, this is exactly why I hate you politics people. The annoying way you make your arguments.
You say 'BLAG hardly spams the net' as a response to me saying 'it's impossible to hide from you politics losers'. So I didn't say 'BLAG losers', I said 'politics losers', but you pretend that I was saying that it's impossible to hide from blag people, which is pretty silly, since it's a relatively unpopular distro.
Then you go saying about ad hominems, this means that you know about how to make a proper discussion, but you still make up these silly lies to make it seem like I said what you wanted me to say so that you can 'prove me wrong', instead of what I really said.
Isn't this lovely...

apteryx: 'Conservatives' suck. Politics suck. Go protest against gay marriage or something. And then the makers of blag can throw stones at you for your protesting. And I will just use another system. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Anonymous wrote:
You say 'BLAG hardly spams the net' as a response to me saying 'it's impossible to hide from you politics losers'. ... you pretend that I was saying that it's impossible to hide from blag people

jebba wrote:
Perhaps you should engage constructively with this politics you find "everywhere".

I was responding to you saying the politics is everywhere, not blag. I know blag is hardly "everywhere" and I prefer it that way, honestly.

But this is degrading into a troll thread. I'm signing off on it if it continues this way.

-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:08 pm 

"apteryx: 'Conservatives' suck. Politics suck. Go protest against gay marriage or something. And then the makers of blag can throw stones at you for your protesting. And I will just use another system. :-)

I just keep my politics in my political circle, and Linux in my linux circle. It isn't really that hard.

Again, exercising my 1st amendment rights.

apteryx.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:13 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
Hehe.. see, this is exactly why I hate you politics people. The annoying way you make your arguments.
You say 'BLAG hardly spams the net' as a response to me saying 'it's impossible to hide from you politics losers'. So I didn't say 'BLAG losers', I said 'politics losers', but you pretend that I was saying that it's impossible to hide from blag people, which is pretty silly, since it's a relatively unpopular distro.
Then you go saying about ad hominems, this means that you know about how to make a proper discussion, but you still make up these silly lies to make it seem like I said what you wanted me to say so that you can 'prove me wrong', instead of what I really said.
Isn't this lovely...

apteryx: 'Conservatives' suck. Politics suck. Go protest against gay marriage or something. And then the makers of blag can throw stones at you for your protesting. And I will just use another system. :-)

You started a proper discussion, indeed... :yawn:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:19 pm 
I did browse the site while I was downloading, and the forums too. The politics section looked pretty harmless.

Quote:
blag - le brixton linux action group

works to overthrow corporate control of information and technology through community action and spreading Free Software.

This looks like a regular thing someone could say about linux, since linux itself is about being a free system. And the 'action group' thing is just for fun. I didn't know that it's part of a bigger leftie/warprotester/greenie community or whatever it is you are a part of. (indymedia.org?)

You are sort of like the band Tiamat. I used to listen to it because I liked their music, but then I went to their site once and saw all this 'let's protect the environment and stop world poverty!' crap.

So ummm, now I will tell you how to stop the problems of hunger and overpopulation in Africa with a single cost-effective solution.
Tell them to start eating each other again. Ha, ha.
Oh and... women shouldn't vote and all babies must be aborted. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:21 pm 
apteryx wrote:
Again, exercising my 1st amendment rights.

You see, the first amendment doesn't exist on the internet. It exists in america. America is not internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:55 pm 
Site Admin

Guest, if you don't like it, don't use BLAG Linux, it's that simple.

You're the one embarassing yourself currently. At the beginning of this thread, you said:

Quote:

And yet, you're the hypocritical whiney (yes, you are whining) righty/non-human rights bs spreading person. Listen to yourself for once...and now you're on this forum going 'waaah waaah waaah' and making plenty of noise simply because you don't like those sorts of politics. You also said that you didn't like snobbish political nerds. Currently you're the snobbish political person who's complaining to about it to death. Well, I've got news. Doing that isn't going to get you anywhere. Now stop whining and grow up.

Thanks,

Stephen Clement

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:26 am 

But I disagree, the first amendment does exist on the net, even better so than in the US. People, such as those who have created BLAG can state their opinions, and those like me, who may disagree, can choose not to hear or see them. That is in essence what the first amendmnet states, and additionally that there will be no repercussions for either actions. Provided of course jebba does not advocate active violence agains another, etc.

nuff said.

If you don't like BLAG, don't use it. It is that simple.

apteryx.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next