BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:27 am 

Nothing Like A Little Politics To Get The Forums Livened Up! ;)

apteryx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:00 am 
I like blag though, I don't like political activists.

stevo32 wrote:
And yet, you're the hypocritical whiney (yes, you are whining) righty/non-human rights bs spreading person. Listen to yourself for once...and now you're on this forum going 'waaah waaah waaah' and making plenty of noise simply because you don't like those sorts of politics. You also said that you didn't like snobbish political nerds. Currently you're the snobbish political person who's complaining to about it to death. Well, I've got news. Doing that isn't going to get you anywhere. Now stop whining and grow up.

Hating lefties doesn't automatically make me a rightie. I do prefer righties over lefties, since I have an extreme revoltion to your 'everything good is oppressed by icky white males' bs.
Complaining on a forum doesn't make me a political person. Internet politics is not the same as real world politics. I don't read politics journals, I don't read much political stuff in newspapers, I don't read political blogs, I don't support any party, I don't go to elections...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:06 am 
Site Admin

I moved this thread to politics since that's what this is about.

Quote:
your 'everything good is oppressed by icky white males' bs.

Hmm, that didn't come up in a search of this forum. I didn't see anyone who said that... Perhaps you are making gross generalizations about the people here...

Anyhoo,

-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:33 am 
I assumed it from the links.
Activism ->
  • active - stuff for social change
    Let's change society. Now what is wrong with the way society is now? Oh I know. Let's give more 'rights' to anyone that isn't white and male at the same time.
  • Earth First! journal
    hmmm... what could this be ? 'The Radical Environment Journal'... I hope this place isn't populated with vegan wiccan neopagans, that wouldn't be at all like what the name suggests!
  • Electronic Frontier Foundation
    This one is fine. I hope the people that run EFF don't care about all this leftie crap though... since lefties themselves are a threat to free internet.
  • Human Rights Watch
    Uhhh... duh.
  • Protest.Net
    links to http://www.globalwomenstrike.net/
    Quote:
    Invest in Caring Not Killing!

Males kill. Females care. :-)
  • NO TO WAR
    War happens because of nasty aggressive violent white males, like me. Even though I don't live in america and never actually participated in any way, or served in a military, and never even hit a person, I am still to blame.
    Interestingly, the fact that many european countries (like Finland) still require only males to be drafted isn't listed in Human Rights Watch as a 'human rights issue'. This is because they are hypocrites and they only care about the rights of selected groups. Like females, and gay people, and blacks.
    So if it's a white female, she is good because she is female, but bad because she is white. A black lesbian is the best, and her rights are of highest importance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:48 am 
Site Admin

disappointed guest wrote:
War happens because of nasty aggressive violent white males, like me.

If you insist...

One cause of war is people, of any sex or race, being belligerent (perhaps that's a tautology) and not willing to cooperate with others.

Chill. No one is attacking you. I think you're reading reports (such as from Human Rights Watch) and thinking they are targetted at you. They are not.

-Jeff

Post subject: going to delete blag
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:32 am 

i usually stay out of diuscussions like that because i allready know my opinion.i also know that lots of people disagree with me.i am using linux for the last three years.mandrake mepis and so on.what i had been missing was a political side to it . this political attitude of blag made me try it out. i was not a big fan of rpm's or fedora . blag is my desktop distro now.it's stable its fast and its left . other ones have said it before ,"if you don't like don't run it".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

I'm intrigued as to why you think you have to be a leftie to use BLAG. BLAG is 99% Linux and that stray 1% of aesthetics is leftie images. Does it really matter? I use BLAG and certainly don't feel leftism rammed down my throats. Don't like lefties then don't read the left wing blogs.

If you want, change the damn theme. Linux is Open Source after all and it does not wipe your system if you dare to oppose lefties. How about picture of right wing wars on your desktop if it makes you better or maybe mock up a picture of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction if it makes you feel better. There you go a way to use GIMP creatively. Hell sell that to the tabloids you might make money.

Don't you like freedom of speech or do you want our face to be a picture of Bush giving it to Blair? Not everyone here is a leftie so stop stereotyping. The fact is that if you couldn't work out what the political preference around here is from them install images, then you are rather stupid and this place is better off without you anyways.

Go join some other narrow minded group full of people like yourself because I am sure they will welcome you with open arms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:55 pm 

Maybe he read about this one: http://www.boingboing.net/2005/01/05/bi ... _cult.html :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:08 pm 
lol, you are so leftie that you can't even understand that just because I hate lefties doesn't mean that I like Bush (even though you talked about stereotyping being so bad... so how did you decide I liked Bush other than using a stereotype? Oops, more leftie hypocrisy.), or support the Iraq war. I don't even live in America or Iraq, and I think that Bush looks like a dumbass. Also I have read a link I found in this forum about some type of vote-counting machine being used to fake votes for Bush. That was interesting..

I didn't delete blag yet, and I have to agree that it's a pretty nice distro. It gave me almost no problems. Although this could be mostly more due to the Fedora Core... core. I didn't try Fedora Core itself yet.. :-)

jenne: What is this opinion? Just curious..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:48 am 
Site Admin

Actually I am not a leftie either. I just find your narrow minded approach stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:36 am 

On trying the fedora core, try it, I have, and it just seems so much more bloated than BLAG, and it is missing a lot of things that I want, like the ability to play mp3's, or DVD's. Yea, sure, the stuff is accessable, but it is nice to have a distro that is seemingly complete for what I want and need. Just easier to install and work with right out of the box. Like the description says, it has most of the things that people want in their distro.

Now if I could only get Samba working like it works in MEPIS...... ;)

apteryx.....no, thats the left side of the box.....

apteryx.

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:46 pm 
Site Admin

:roll:
This [troll?] is coming from someone that doesn't like something. Um, uninstall goodbye.

Post subject: Activism
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:13 am 

Great, Love the Energy, great links, excellent distribution, great graphics, multimedia that works. A little revolution is quite good, by the way that's the message, The Technology Revolution. The medium is the message.
Anyway for every one that bases political views on a Linux Distribution. and removes it, there are 10 more people quite willing to enjoy this labor of love, I can appreciate quality and hard work.
Cudos to the Blag Team and it's many members that make this distro great.
You certainly have my support and I happen to love this activism.
:!:

Post subject: ffs
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:58 pm 
I don't understand some people. The distro is called Brixton Linux Action Group. It clearly says on the front page of the website right at the start:

works to overthrow corporate control of information and technology through community action and spreading Free Software.

What did he think that meant? GI Joe dolls?
It has links in that first sentence to anarchist links as well. What does he need? Red warning lights and animation of Bill Gates being dismembered?
One of the reasons I am trying this distro because I thought it would be a hoot. I don't like corporate thuggery either so I figured the blag guys would have a similar mindset towards such things.
To install blag and then whine about a few activist links in the browser is like me walking into a church and complaining that they were bible bashing.

Get a grip!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:11 pm 

this is excellent........hopefully it'll keep going until Question Time comes back on the tele.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next