BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:11 am 
Site Admin

What gets me is Linux gives you the freedom of choice. Don't like the bookmarks, delete them. Don't like the pic, delete them.

I bet the whiners tweaked Windows when 50+ services including remote registry service were enabled by default. And I bet they still did more tweaking to install an antivirus and firewall before daring to connect the ethernet cable. And perhaps even more tweaking yet to change wallpaper, screen res and install about 20 drivers for plug and play items you didn't know existed on your computer. All that and it is too much to right click and click delete once?

A little activism does not take away the fact BLAG is one of the best and well maintained distros out there. I mean damn if you don't like it, delete it and quit moaning. Anyone would think we would have to issue refunds for something free just because someone isn't happy. Watever the case for every one person moaning, there are at least 50 who will stay with BLAG regardless of political preferences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:34 pm 

hehe the funniest reason for sacking a distro i've yet heard. i took a car back to the dealer once, coz i didn't care for the radio presets. no, really. and then there's the microwave i returned coz i found a vegetarian recipe in the handbook.

thanks for tickling my day!

bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:51 pm 

hey bob, i think you could have kept the car because i'm sure you can override those radio presets.
vegetarian recipe though.....that would have been hard print. you were stuffed with the microwave!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:03 am 
What's so hard to understand here? I can remove the links, but that isn't the point. The point is that it's made by lefties/fake "anarchists" whom I hate. Your political opinions are bulletproof stupid.
I don't want to use something that is made by people that I hate. This is why I deleted it, not because I am unable to delete the links.

PS: Your obsessive hatred of windows just looks stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:05 am 
Jason wrote:
Actually I am not a leftie either. I just find your narrow minded approach stupid.

Sigh.. what narrow minded approach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:13 pm 

No hatred of windows here, I love it for gaming.

You can't put us all in the same box.

apteryx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:41 pm 

here i am again wrote:
I don't want to use something that is made by people that I hate

if a leftie prepared your chicken mcmuffin in your favourite local fast food restaurant, would you not eat it, on principle? just wondering. what if you'd taken a bite, and then noticed his c.n.d pin slyly concealed beneath his uniform?

PS: Your obsessive hatred of lefties and fake anarchists just looks stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:37 pm 
pistonbrew wrote:

if a leftie prepared your chicken mcmuffin in your favourite local fast food restaurant, would you not eat it, on principle?

Yes, you are correct.

Quote:
just wondering. what if you'd taken a bite, and then noticed his c.n.d pin slyly concealed beneath his uniform?

Then I might spit it out, or just eat this bite and leave, depending on the mood.

Quote:
PS: Your obsessive hatred of lefties and fake anarchists just looks stupid

Well it might to you, (I figured out that someone would retort with this after I posted that line about hating windows, but it was too late then) but at least I have a reason to hate you, while hating windows has little logic behind it other than fanboyishness. And the days of Windows 95 are long over, you know, windows doesn't actually crash every 5 minutes. It also boots much faster than blag, or any other linux I used, a fact. I can actually say this out loud because I am not a fanboy of either system, so I can notice their flaws without being biased.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:16 pm 

Hey Guest. Spitting out muffins is one thing but answer me this.

If I, as you have, delete blag what should I use instead and is it as good?

Last edited by darkred on Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:29 pm 

well this is the age of consumer choice i suppose. yes, i can boot XP and shut it back down before blag is anywhere near done, but i'm afraid that's where XP's fascination ends for me.

anyway, if pre-loaded bookmarks are what makes an OS good or bad, take a look at IE's. msn.com....justin timberlake, 5 trends in baby gear, and "help my son's school is too far" (obscured by a flash ad for american mortgages). call me a "fake anarchist", but i found a little more substance browsing blag's suggestions, whether i agree with their politics or not.

am i wide of the mark here? blag is giving you a bit of variety, albeit fairly leftsided. msn are just insulting your intelligence.

ps: sorry for feeding a thread that doesn't need fed. i only came here to look up something about xine. "come for the food...stay for the freaks"..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:53 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Your political opinions are bulletproof stupid.

[yes, this is the see above i'm referring to]
"Looking in a mirror" is suggested when in a conversation like this. It can prevent you from looking horribly stupid yourself.

Quote:
PS: Your obsessive hatred of windows just looks stupid.

PS: Your obsessive hatred of lefties/blag/etc. just looks stupid. I know somebody also said something similar, but it's quite true.

Quote:
Jason wrote:
Actually I am not a leftie either. I just find your narrow minded approach stupid.

Sigh.. what narrow minded approach.

See above.

Quote:
but at least I have a reason to hate you, while hating windows has little logic behind it other than fanboyishness.

So, let's get this straight, you hate whomever you're targetting (presumably "lefties and fake anarchists", but obviously most blaggers in general.) because they wish to "work[s] to overthrow corporate control of information and technology through community action and spreading Free Software." (taken straight from blag homepage). We're not fanboys, we don't particularly like Windows because we want to be free of corporate control of information, and Windows is a source of that corporate control. BLAG is actually working towards something. Also, we're just trying to help people out. It's called being nice. Nobody likes grumps or trolls. As you'd see if you opened your eyes. Also, see above.

Also, I'd like to point out the same thing as pistonbrew in that the IE default bookmarks are just as evil in some people's minds in the same way that you don't like BLAG's bookmarks. They point to sources of corporate control of information. But we don't go troll over it, do we? Didn't think so.

On a more positive note, I'd like to note that I 100% agree with this statement: "msn are just insulting your intelligence. " (from pistonbrew).
It lacks decent content and I find it to be overly aimed at teenage girls.

Anyhow, enough troll baiting for me for now.

Thanks,

Stephen Clement

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:18 am 
It isn't 'overthrowing corporate control of information' that makes me angry. I actually saw that quote right on the front page, and I still downloaded it, because I didn't mind that quote. Why can't you understand such simple things ? Or are you pretending maybe, simply to waste time ?

See, I already made a long post, describing why I didn't like the links. I even said that eff.org is fine, while crap like "Earth First! journal" is not.

This experience can be generalized, since it happened to me every time whenever I tried discussing something with lefties. They are either incredibly stupid like a wall, or they pretend to be to wear down the person they are talking to. But in any case, you all use the same crappy psychological warfare tactics. You ignore anything that is said, or twist words, so that the person who you are arguing with is forced to repeat the same thing over and over, and eventually just give up.

Like this time, I said that I don't like all the ecological/feminist/fake anarchist/snobbish political nerd crap, but you go and pretend that I don't like 'overthrowing corporate control of information', and that I must be a microsoft supporter or something. Putting words in my mouth and ignoring what I said before, simply to waste time.
I have seen this so many times. So I can actually generalize and say that it's a typical trait of all lefties and related trash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:39 am 
Anyway, I'm not posting here anymore, this thread is just a pointless argument about nothing now. Maybe it would be a good idea to close it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:37 am 

you couldn't resist one last flounce, could ya?!

well, so long, and enjoy whichever right-wing ecologically unsound, woman hating, "proper anarchist" apolitical OS you finally settle on. maybe you'll have to build your own.

bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:24 pm 
You just never stop. I said I am not right wing, but you go and say that I am, exactly confirming what I just wrote about your psychological tricks. I hate you.
And yes, I do hate women as well. All I ever saw from them is rudeness, selfishness, and sexist hatred. I don't know how is it possible for anyone with an IQ above 50 not to become a misogynist these days. You have built a monstrous idol for yourself out of them, not realizing that women are simply human beings that, gasp, have human faults.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next