FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
BLAG 50k: Make requests here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
apteryx
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Jason:

Ok, sounds like you are mplayer saavy. Is there a way to get wmv files to play in firefox directly instead of having to d/l them and play them that way? I may even use mozilla if there is a way to get that to happen. Any suggestions are appreciated. I have no prob playing d/l'd files, i'd just like them to play in my browser the way IE has them do.

apteryx.

demonlj
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, nothing to be worried.
if u use firefox, then u just need to add a firefox's plugin, which u can find in it's website.
then, mplayer or kaffeine can do the job for u!

Jason
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at this page. It is pretty nifty and should I hope help you out.

http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialMozillaConfiguration.html

I tend to not stream audio direct from Firefox because even on a 2mbit line here it can lag. mplayer can stream audio remotely though.

apteryx
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all, I will give it a try tomorrow. I have nearly everything else up and running fine with firefox, just that I can not get it to stream video at all. the audio tracks come through, but no vided. I hope this works. again, thank you.

apteryx.

john maclean
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason wrote:
Create a playlist of your mp3 folder or folders using

Code:
ls *.mp3 /home/user/mp3 > playlist.txt

to be really simple if you got them all in one folder or

Code:
find /home/username -name "*.mp3" -print > playlist.txt

if you got them all neatly laid out in folders.

Code:
mplayer -shuffle -playlist playlist.txt

[/quote]

Code:
find ~/path/to/some/directory -iname "*mp3*" -exec mplayer {} \;

would play all of the files in that dir. mplayer plays movies too. Not sure if you like/have heard of realplayer. That seems to work quite well with firefox. there's a thread on how to install and get it running here http://forums.blagblagblag.org/viewtopic.php?t=1271&highlight=realplayer Note that it is not free software so i don't think that it will ever be on a blag cd.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can 'Gthumb' be made the default picture viewer? it seems pretty hidden away (i found it accidentally), but it's a wee bit more useful than the default viewer as it has a Print dialogue, and a slideshow viewer.

also, if the iPod manager is included, can we also have gnomad (http://gnomad2.sourceforge.net/) for the peeps who run creative zen players?

lastly, graveman has never really worked for me. it took some fiddling to get audio burning to work and since i upgraded to 30001 it doesn't see my cd recorder. i'm not really genned up on the alternatives - i use k3b instead but it looks a bit silly in gnome.

clutching at straws really. as a relatively recent linux convert, blag has had most of what i needed and what it didn't have, wasn't too hard to find.

jebba
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For an image viewer, I'm tempted to roll gqview back in. It was in Fedora for a long time but they dropped it for "newer" viewers. They all suck by comparison, IMHO, but have that "wow, it's a new viewer" look/feel to them. gqview is fast, small and featureful...

-Jeff

stevo32
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apteryx, FYI, the mozilla plugin you're looking for is called 'mplayerplug-in'. Once you've got it installed from who knows where (rpm.pbone.net anybody?), you can check to see that it was actually installed correctly by going to about:plugins in firefox/mozilla.

Thanks,

Stephen Clement (stevo32)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I suggest you dont add in so many applications dependant on gnome or kde? Especially the 'essential' applications.
jebba
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo, can't mozplugger do that?
Jung
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a vote for Naim.
Maybe not on the CD but I would like to see it in the repository.

I remember seeing amaroK in the repository for 30k but can't find it in 30k1. If it was removed I would love to have it back.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebba wrote:
Stevo, can't mozplugger do that?

I don't know, all I know is that I use mplayerplug-in and it works nicely.

Thanks,

Stephen Clement

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest adding Xcdroast to the blag cd since graveman is having problems finding so many cd burners.
surfbass_not_logged_in
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble with Xcdroast is that you need a very high screen res to run it.
surfbass_not_logged_in
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And could you add in gcc or a C compiler of some sort, it's really annoying to have to download it every time I reformat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> development Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP