FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
gphoto2 and usb errors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john maclean
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: gphoto2 and usb errors Reply with quote

I am getting some errors whilst atttempting to use gphoto2 with my Canon IXUS 400 digital camera. I have taken the liberty to upload these errors to my website.There are over 200 lines of output but the main lines of concern are from193 onwards, so you you can jump stright to the bottom of the page if you want to.

The camera seems to be detected but the box can't seem to open my usb port. Any suggestions or comments would be more than appreciated.

Last edited by john maclean on Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try just mounting it as root and not using gphoto2. You can then just use nautilus or the command line to grab the files.

Code:
mkdir /mnt/usb
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb

I think kazim had a post about mounting usb devices recently.

john maclean
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to get complete access to the camera. Used a compact flash reader. Followed instuctions from this url http://home.gagme.com/greg/linux/usbcamera.php.

It appears that the Canon Ixus 400 is not a "real" usb mass storage device, as I got some funny message fom /var/log/message....

Once agian, thanks! Followed your command line instructions to copy files from the card reader to my home directory. :D

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP