FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Running XMMS crashes GAIM?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magnet
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Running XMMS crashes GAIM? Reply with quote

I just installed BLAG 10000 (Very please by the way, especially with your addition of ndiswrapper so I could get my wireless stuff squared away right off the bat) and I'm having a problem with GAIM and XMMS running simultaneously.

GAIM works fine on it's own, XMMS works fine on it's own and seemingly with all the other stuff I normally use (Mozilla and what have you), but when I try to use XMMS and GAIM at the same time, GAIM always crashes. Anybody else have experience with this, or knows something I could do as a solution?

Thanks in advance!

spongebox
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://gaim.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

Have you tried the new FC1 release? If not, what version are you using?

magnet
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried it with both the release that came with 10000 (0.76 was it?) and the Fedora 0.78. Both versions crash whenever I try to do anything with GAIM while XMMS is running.
jebba
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. In 10000 for me I don't have any problems with xmms & gaim. Try turning off all sounds in gaim's preferences. I just have default settings.

-Jeff

magnet
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that seems to do the trick. Also if I run them on seperate desktops (regardless of GAIM's sound settings) I notice they don't crash either, just GAIM doesn't make any sounds until I stop whatever song I'm playing in XMMS, when every sound that I've missed apparently plays back to back :)
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP