BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The parallel is uncanny
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:49 am 

US Imperialism:

. Open trade with countries.
. Do deals that ultimately make the countries economically dependent.
. Invade those that will not cooperate.
. Crush the rest economically with sanctions and by stealing their other trade deals with subsidies.
. Gather information against your enemies through espionage.
. Embrace and use the United Nations until it doesn't suit you.
. When those you have attacked retaliate with the only means available, call them evil and label them terrorists.
. Force the entire world to adopt US culture.
. Total global domination.

Microsoft:

. Build “Strategic Partnershipsâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:32 am 

Agreed on all points.

Can we have a statue of Noam Chomsky next to Linux Torvalds please?

http://www.chomsky.info

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:08 am 
Site Admin

Cathbard wrote:
US Imperialism:Linux is our only hope. Somebody should erect a statue of Linus Torvaldis.

I am sure they will find a reason to prevent that too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:06 am 
Not least of which would be that (sadly) 90% of the population have no idea who either of them are.

Post subject: U.S Imperialism
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:37 am 

"When those you have attacked retaliate with the only means available, call them evil and label them terrorists. "

Do you really think killing thousands of innocent civilians (World Trade Centre) is anything other than an act of terrorism ?

It certainly is not a legitimate act of war...

Rob

Post subject: Re: U.S Imperialism
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

rob.linux wrote:
Do you really think killing thousands of innocent civilians is anything other than an act of terrorism?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

rob.linux wrote:

No more than carpet bombing a weaker military and their civilians and then calling it war simply because you know you can go through the 'legit' channels i.e. CNN, declare war and win visibly. Imagine Osama saying "yeah I am going to go drive a plane into the WTC towers because I don't have one of my own". It wouldn't have got anywhere near because the AA guns would have a field day not to mention a dozen F16's scrambled eight of which would carry CNN reporters to report the 'heroic' downfall of a terrorist. Meanwhile we got US defences saying "well we will carpet bomb you with our B52's and use biased propaganda to justify it and more than that you can't do a damn thing about it because we are bigger, stronger mightier and if you get in our way we will blow the crap out of your family too".

People fight the wars the way they have to. Scum or 'cowards' as they get labelled is pretty effective. Can a troop from Iraq or Afghanistan really expect to face a much higher trained troop from USA/UK and win? I mean put yourself in their position. You got an AK47 jammed up with sand, dehydrated and you are facing a guy fitter, stronger with night vision, radar and best of all an SA80 that will take half your face off at three times the range of your little AK. So when he does that little sideways attack with a car bomb, he has to. I wish they wouldn't because not for one second do I blame them brave troops risking their lives to fight for their leader even if he is a wanker.

I do not condone for one second the attacks on WTC. Nor do I actually condone the silly wars. Wars that we can't call wars because it was one big playgroud bully beating up a baby unable to defend itself. Both WTC and the wars were acts of terrorism. You cannot simply just invade because you feel like it no more than you can just fly a plane into a building.

Ignoring the UN was shitty. So dumb. Saddam had to be removed. I accept that. He is an evil prick who needs shooting in the head multiple times. People piss and moan about woo he wouldn't leave. Well I am sure they didn't really try hard enough. So now we got a situation where the gap between left and right has never been so huge. No one condones the visible terrorist attacks on WTC yet apparently a large selection of people obviously condone the invisible terrorist attacks by electing a terrorist president. Still rather him than Kerry. At least it makes for decent news when he screws up one more time and turns the rest of the world against him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:15 pm 

rob.linux wrote:

Do you really think killing thousands of innocent civilians (World Trade Centre) is anything other than an act of terrorism ?

Rob

I fail to see the difference between using a plane and a cruise missile except for the price.
If terrorism is the act of inducing terror then the US government are terrorists. More people are scared of George Bush than Osama bin Laden so who is the biggest terrorist?