BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:25 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:05 pm
Posts: 17
Location: Brixton
Quote:
Going to delete Blag
... I went in firefox and opened the bookmarks one day ... and saw all this 'Activism' crap ... I hate ... politics.

That don't impress me much.

I just deleted Downing Street 'cos I don't like mad Tony's mendacity.

Mwah ha ha ha! MWAH HA HA HA HA!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:35 pm
Posts: 123
Location: Amersham, Bucks, UK
Haha.

</pointless post>

_________________
---
PM me if needed.
http://www.nofoto.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:29 am 
i am a conservitive and proud of it.
we are not "non-human rights" people
now stop bad mouthing and trying to make us seem evil, because we are not
liberals have a tendancy, as Guest said, so twist what people say into what the liberals want to have been said
your constant mockery of our army
our conservitive presidents
the Catholic Church
and our belifes is poor show
so if you can't act decently then just go to France were you have to deal with your "no one is bad" ideals
and I am dead against same sex "marriges"(trow up at the thought) and abortion (i don't know why you people will spit on soldiers and call them 'baby-killers' and at the same time promote abortion)
and America has one langauge and it's called ENGLISH
thunderduck3141 out.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:36 am
Posts: 42
Location: Owensboro, KY, USA
Uh.... no... that's the beauty of it. I have the freedom to bash conservatives all I want, because that's what my personal beliefs are and oh wait, there's this thing they wrote in this great country a couple hundred years ago called the Bill of Rights. Unless that's the next right of mine you're going to take away... hell I bet the president has disregarded the Bill of Rights so many times in the past five years it's not even funny.

Case in point: The developers have the right to put whatever they wish into the system. Either delete the bookmarks or the system if you don't like it-- though I'd rather you just delete the bookmarks because blag is a really good and relatively lightweight system. Why let the developers' beliefs get in the way of your computing experience? To me, that's childish behavior.

</$0.02>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:52 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:08 pm
Posts: 973
Location: Canada
Quote:
your constant mockery of our army

Who needs armies anyways? What do armies do? They go around and enforce one person's ideas.

Quote:
the Catholic Church

???

Quote:
so if you can't act decently then just go to France were you have to deal with your "no one is bad" ideals

Is this a stereotype? I think we've got one here. There's this magical thing in the USA called the "Bill of Rights" that makes everybody equal. You ought go read it.

Quote:
and I am dead against same sex "marriges"(trow up at the thought) and abortion (i don't know why you people will spit on soldiers and call them 'baby-killers' and at the same time promote abortion)

Same sex marriages: ok, so just because you don't want to do that, you don't want to give others the right to make the choice to do so? and as for the last part, that's just a bunch of trolling that I won't bite.

Quote:
and America has one langauge and it's called ENGLISH

Funny, yours didn't seem very good or consistant in that post.

T'was fun poking the trollish comment,
Stephen Clement

_________________
E-mail me at s.clement@localhost (replace localhost with sympatico.ca) or stevo32@localhost (replace localhost with blagblagblag.org).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:18 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 621
Location: London
Anonymous wrote:
i am a conservitive and proud of it.
we are not "non-human rights" people
now stop bad mouthing and trying to make us seem evil, because we are not
liberals have a tendancy, as Guest said, so twist what people say into what the liberals want to have been said
your constant mockery of our army
our conservitive presidents
the Catholic Church
and our belifes is poor show
so if you can't act decently then just go to France were you have to deal with your "no one is bad" ideals
and I am dead against same sex "marriges"(trow up at the thought) and abortion (i don't know why you people will spit on soldiers and call them 'baby-killers' and at the same time promote abortion)
and America has one langauge and it's called ENGLISH
thunderduck3141 out.


There are easier ways to troll without wasting so much effort.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:39 pm
Posts: 220
Location: xerta, españa
thunderduck3141 wrote:
i am a conservitive and proud of it.


everyone has the right to be wrong... :-)

thunderduck3141 wrote:
we are not "non-human rights" people
now stop bad mouthing and trying to make us seem evil, because we are not
liberals have a tendancy, as Guest said, so twist what people say into what the liberals want to have been said


i am not a liberal by the way. i will try hard not to twist anything you've said: direct replies to your quotes therefore.

thunderduck3141 wrote:
your constant mockery of our army


i am an anti-militarist, but not a pacifist. i do have sympathy for the grunts who are cannonfodder for those that never fight. but i have real problem with a job where, when you get down to it, you kill those who others tell you to kill. take your brain out and join in boys and girls...

the real evil ones are those who decide who gets killed and for what reason. why did more vietnam vets commit suicide after the war than got killed during the war? because what they were ordered [note: not chose] to do was more horrific, inhuman and shameful than they could bear.

mocking the military is not the same as personal verbal attacks of individual soldiers. it is however telling the truth about those cowardly lowlifes who measure human life in dollars and pounds and barrels of oil. you have to be a pretty sick person to be able to get your head round the concept of an 'acceptable level of collateral damage'.

thunderduck3141 wrote:
our conservitive presidents


when did the states not have a conservative president?

thunderduck3141 wrote:
the Catholic Church


tell that to those brought up by the catholic church in boston [or ireland], to choose examples at random. if ever an organization was a legitimate target for mockery and derision, the catholic church has to be in the top 5.

thunderduck3141 wrote:
and our belifes is poor show


this is too mangled for me to make sense of.

thunderduck3141 wrote:
so if you can't act decently then just go to France were you have to deal with your "no one is bad" ideals


been to france? know any french people? any french cultural references apart from fries? base this on anything but blind prejudice? grow up.

thunderduck3141 wrote:
and I am dead against same sex "marriges"(trow up at the thought)


your nausea is your problem. i am sure that millions of gay men or lesbians are breathing a sigh of relief now that you're out of the equation. incidently, i don't believe in the concept of marriage either -- but not for anyone. however that's only my decision to make for me [and my partner] and not anyone else. why should you be bothered who someone else is in love with?

thunderduck3141 wrote:
and America has one langauge and it's called ENGLISH


which you mangle marvellously. i am gobsmacked by this remark. i can't even begin to start on what's wrong with it. i will try.

first off: the term america. i'm assuming your meaning the united states here, because you are obviously not thinking the same america as i do. you may not realize it, but america[n] is a vastly loaded term for non-us inhabitants of the continents of north and south america. ecuadorians, brazilians and mexicans not american? i don't think so. before you reply to that, ask an ecaudorian, brazilian or mexican.

this smacks of the great usofamerican conservative habit of not having any concept of the other 5.5 billion people on the planet who aren't us citizens. whatever happened to "america [sic] -- the land of opportunity" or "bring me your hungry, your disposessed..."? now i have never believed this load of baloney, but you lot [usofamerican nationalists] are meant to...

do you really need me to list spanish, brazilian portugese, french and countless indigenous languages? are you really trying to make yourself appear crass?

and a general thought: gnu/linux is based on the concept of freedom [as in the french libre]. it seems to me from reading your posts that your os preference is completely at odds with the rest of your personal philosophy. the 'american dream' and the freedom that is partially expressed through gnu/linux are mutually incompatible. the philosophy of any operating system is important. gnu/linux is not make money and do it [bill_g's/steve_j's/the_way_we_tell_you] way. it's a collaborative, international, mutual aid effort, that is directed and guided by those who do and use.

thunderduck3141 wrote:
thunderduck3141 out.


is this really an exit?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:18 pm 
i will admit my previous post was written in a not-so-clear-headed state but...
my last coment was supposed to go like this...
English is the USA's native language, just like French is in France, so it frustrates me when i find a package with 4 different languages on it when it is made in the USA, people who come to this country should learn the language of the country, like if I moved to Japan, I would at least attempt to learn Japanese, anyone who says the are an American and something else is not an American, why do you think we are falling apart, a great number of the people living here consider themselves French, or German, or Russian, ect. There is no real sense of national unity anymore.
And that snippet abou the "Bill of Rights" was just a sleezy way to twist my words
and abot the Army...
I would not go and fight for the USA now, there is no longer any pride in being a citizen, but I do respect those who belive that the US can be saved, and are willing to put their lives on the line for that hope
and I dont know if some admin deleted my account but if you are going to talk about freedom of speech then practice it, if i want to say homosexuality is wrong then respect what i say and dont call me a non-human rights person
thank you
thunderduck3141


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Currently Live In France
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:22 pm
Posts: 72
Location: Soon to be Boston Area
While I currently live in France (I am American by the way), I would not say that there is a 'everybody is okay' mentality. Don't get me wrong, I don't think France is better than the US, as there many things that I find disagreable in both countries.

I have heard the 'America(n)' title is not appropriate when talking about the United States several times (I am married to a Canadian). However, the official name of Mexico is the United Mexican States, which, technically, gives some abiguity to the term 'United States'.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:42 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:08 pm
Posts: 973
Location: Canada
Hi, I'm back!

Quote:
when it is made in the USA

That's a load of crap. I'm a blag developer and I'm CANADIAN! In addition, it's BRIXTON Linux Action Group. You know where BRIXTON is? United Kingdom. Did I mention that Canada has more than one official language? Did I mention that the main blag developer has been in other countries like ARGENTINA and developing blag there at points? Hmm, not as "made in USA" as you thought...

Quote:
and I dont know if some admin deleted my account but if you are going to talk about freedom of speech then practice it, if i want to say homosexuality is wrong then respect what i say and dont call me a non-human rights person

a) Where did we call you a non-human rights person and b) "respect what I say"...personally I don't care what people who order others around think.

Thanks,
Stephen Clement

_________________
E-mail me at s.clement@localhost (replace localhost with sympatico.ca) or stevo32@localhost (replace localhost with blagblagblag.org).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:38 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:17 pm
Posts: 4492
Location: Loveland, Colorado, USA
Anonymous wrote:
English is the USA's native language


Go learn Lakota.

Return when you are done.

Until then, you are unwelcome here.

-Jeff


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: language
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:39 pm
Posts: 220
Location: xerta, españa
thunderduck3141 wrote:
i will admit my previous post was written in a not-so-clear-headed state but...


hehe...

thunderduck3141 wrote:
English is the USA's native language


there are millions of lucky genocide survivors who may dispute this. may i suggest the wikipedia article Indigenous languages of the Americas, particularly the section Greenland, Canada & USA.

the usa [thanks for mexico hint pfe1223] does not have an official language. the article Languages in the United States is also an interesting read.

thunderduck3141 wrote:
just like French is in France


not so [see above].

thunderduck3141 wrote:
so it frustrates me when i find a package with 4 different languages on it when it is made in the USA


why does it frustrate you? does it not make you want to learn another language? are you compelled to read all four before opening the packet?

thunderduck3141 wrote:
people who come to this country should learn the language of the country


what? all 336 of 'em? or just the eight official ones?

thunderduck3141 wrote:
like if I moved to Japan, I would at least attempt to learn Japanese


well, i am moving to catalunya soon, so i am cramming spanish and making tentative steps with catalan. it remains the case that when i do move, my english will still be better than my spanish which will be better than my catalan. would two or three language packaging help me? you bet your life.

if i understand you correctly here: everyone should learn the language, but you want to remove a major aid to learning everyday useful vocabulary. gonna get rid of english/spanish, and english/vietnamese dictionaries too? this is a ridiculous proposition. have you every tried to learn another language?

thunderduck3141 wrote:
anyone who says the are an American and something else is not an American


how long has this been the case? my reading of usofamerican history in the colonial/post-colonial era is based on fuzzy/multiple/mixed/confused identity. and that doesn't even address the issue of indigenous peoples.

thunderduck3141 wrote:
why do you think we are falling apart, a great number of the people living here consider themselves French, or German, or Russian, ect. There is no real sense of national unity anymore.


you say that like it's a bad thing. strikes me you're frightened of diversity.

thunderduck3141 wrote:
And that snippet abou the "Bill of Rights" was just a sleezy way to twist my words


not my words. but how useful or truthful that bill is depends on where your sat as far as i can see. an important document certainly, but worth only marginally more than the paper it's written on for the majority of usofamericans for the majority of the usa's history. if this were not the case, how do you explain the systematic deprivation of black people's 'inalienable' right to vote from the end of the civil war [because of course, they were only part-people before that!] until [let's be charitable] the civil rights movement? [later in florida obviously :-)]

thunderduck3141 wrote:
and abot the Army...
I would not go and fight for the USA now, there is no longer any pride in being a citizen, but I do respect those who belive that the US can be saved, and are willing to put their lives on the line for that hope


and when was this hypothetical time when you would? really... i'm interested.

the usa is beyond 'saving' in this sense. i am sad to say that most of those who are willing are predominantly forced [by dint of economic circumstance, for example], duped or deluded.

thunderduck3141 wrote:
and I dont know if some admin deleted my account


i know not. wasn't me.

thunderduck3141 wrote:
but if you are going to talk about freedom of speech then practice it


i mentioned freedom of speech zero times. i don't believe in 1st amendment-style freedom of speech as it goes [i told you i wasn't a liberal].

thunderduck3141 wrote:
if i want to say homosexuality is wrong then respect what i say


i will take each thing you say on merit and tell you when i think you're talking rubbish. on this topic i think you're not only talking rubbish, but are flatout wrong. i don't respect what you say on this.

thunderduck3141 wrote:
and dont call me a non-human rights person


again, not my words.i do however have to point out there's a distinctly unpleasant undercurrent to what you're saying.

question: which state do you live in?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: language
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:52 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 621
Location: London
r7 wrote:
thunderduck3141 wrote:
and I dont know if some admin deleted my account


i know not. wasn't me.


http://forums.blagblagblag.org/profile. ... file&u=757

Your account wasn't deleted.

We might not agree with you but it doesn't mean you will be censored.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:34 pm 
I've been reading this thread with interest and some amusement ... which makes me wonder, If BLAG originates from Brixton (i.e. London, England) then why does most of the discussion seem to assume its an exclusively "American thing" so to speak, with arguments about US presidents, Bills of Rights, US Ammendments, etc.?

Is it possible that many US citizens sometimes forget that they are only 5% of the human population that live between the southern boarder of Canada and the northern boarder of Mexico?

And although English is still the most predominant language on the net at present I understand it has been predicted to be overtaken by Chinese sometime this year.

P.S. Don't take this as an "anti-american" rant. I'm a Welsh repuiblican living in Cymru/Wales but visit the USA fequently on business and have friends there. I just thought this thread needed a 'meta-perspective'.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:39 pm
Posts: 220
Location: xerta, españa
glas wrote:
If BLAG originates from Brixton (i.e. London, England) then why does most of the discussion seem to assume its an exclusively "American thing" so to speak, with arguments about US presidents, Bills of Rights, US Ammendments, etc.?


that would be a question best answered by those who make this assumption, i don't...

but people discuss from their personal frames of reference and when talking with thunderduck, that seems only possible within a very narrow frame. i mean, s/he doesn't seem to acknowledge those usofamericans that don't speak english.

glas wrote:
Is it possible that many US citizens sometimes forget that they are only 5% of the human population that live between the southern boarder of Canada and the northern boarder of Mexico?


this is precisely the point i made earlier in the thread when i said:

r7 wrote:
this smacks of the great usofamerican conservative habit of not having any concept of the other 5.5 billion people on the planet who aren't us citizens.


coming attcha from sheffield, uk [ie not in the usa or america in the more general sense] from a decidedly internationalist perspective.

no-one is illegal • no borders


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group