FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Virginia Beach Real Estate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevo32
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jebba, mind giving me (and the rest of the moderators) priviledges on Politics so that this crap can be deleted?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi stevo32, I added you as a moderator for all forums. I deleted the crap ones as I did the other 4/5 over the past few days. I noted the IP address each time and it was the same. So yesterday I banned the username this person was using and today when they used guest, I banned their IP as well.
stevo32
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, thanks Jason. :) This should help with the spam cleaning. :)

Also, here's a spammy user: http://forums.blagblagblag.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=352

At one point the page in the URL field linked to a site with pr0n on it, so you might want to delete it...

Thanks,

Stephen Clement (please delete this topic when you've read this, jason.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this version of phpbb allows the deletion of users. So it might have to be a manual job in the db. Jeff, might giving access so I can update the phpbb version or can you do it? FTP should be enough.
stevo32
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updating phpBB is already on his list of things to be done...

Thanks,

Stephen Clement

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok cool thanks. I didn't see the list :) I was just offering in case Jeff was uber busy and it is one of the few things I can help with given my Linux dev skills suck. Anyways thanks for letting me know :)
stevo32
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody please delete this "methylene" user, they've posted a now-deleted post to this topic offering "special" pills.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are banned now.
farfnarf
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason wrote:
They are banned now.

Looks like it didn't work ("banning" them).

More than one ip, also telnetting probably.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the ban list seems to go with phpBB updates I think. There was a bunch of deleted names. Seems to have shrunk. We can just re-ban them.
jebba
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just blocking them at the firewall :) It's more thorough than just phpBB, plus I trust openbsd's pf far more than anything in php....

-Jeff

Jason
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did this on another forum 2 days ago :)

Code:
DELETE FROM `phpbb_users` WHERE `user_posts`=0

I do find the amount of spam users signing up rather amusing though. Never knew BLAG was so popular :p

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP