42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
mozilla, epiphany, & firefox
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

jebba
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how to package extensions as RPMs. If I find out how, I'll put in a few of the choice ones. Any other candidates?

For that matter, I hear RPMing 0.9.x is a bit problematic. I haven't looked into it though as I'm being lazy and waiting for dag. ;)

-Jeff

stevo32
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe blag could host a mirror of all the extensions? I would host them if my ISP hadn't blocked all incoming requests that are HTTP or FTP. I don't know how they did it, and they did it just to me. Mind you, i was running httpd, vsftpd, pygopherd and some other stuff too :P . I loved my blag 9002 server. But its gone now :cry: . But back on topic. I don't know how to go about mirroring them...and also, would it be legal? I don't know about how legal it is so meh. It would be nice tho :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, you could mirror them assuming they are Free Software. I imagine 99% of them are.

I'll only host ones I can turn into RPMs then pop them in the repository. It may be very simple to package them. Perhaps just drop one file into /usr/lib/firefox/plugins or something.

stevo32
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what i've read on the mozilla site, it doesn't seem to be that simple :( . i'm looking into figuring out whether rpm has a function to execute a program, so what could happen is that the rpm executes firefox like this:

sh firefox <path to xpi>

i'll experiment with it and see how things go.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpm can execute a command, see the %pre and %post sections of a SPEC file.

Also, at http://rpmseek.com there are a few firefox plugins so you can check out how they are built there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> development Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP