|Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:24 am Post subject: 30k Update 2005-04-12: autofs-4.1.3-114
Fedora Update Notification
Product : Fedora Core 3
Name : autofs
Version : 4.1.3
Release : 114
Summary : A tool for automatically mounting and unmounting filesystems.
autofs is a daemon which automatically mounts filesystems when you use
them, and unmounts them later when you are not using them. This can
include network filesystems, CD-ROMs, floppies, and so forth.
* Wed Mar 23 2005 Chris Feist - 1:4.1.3-114
- Fixed regression causing any entries after a wildcard in an
indirect map to be ignored. (bz #151668).
- Fixed regression which caused local hosts to be mount instead
of –bind local directories. (bz #146887)
* Thu Mar 17 2005 Chris Feist - 1:4.1.3-110
- Fixed one off bug in the submount-variable-propagation patch.
- Fixed a bug in the init script which wouldn’t find the -browse
option if it was preceded by another option. (fz #113494)
* Mon Feb 28 2005 Chris Feist - 1:4.1.3-100
- When using ldap if auto.master doesn’t exist we now check for auto_master.
Addresses bz #130079
- When using an auto.smb map we now remove the leading ‘:’ from the path which
caused mount to fail in the past. Addresses bz #147492
- Autofs now checks /etc/nsswitch.conf to determine in what order files & nis
are checked when looking up autofs submount maps which don’t specify a
maptype. Addresses IT #57612.
* Fri Feb 11 2005 Jeff Moyer - 1:4.1.3-97
- Program maps can repeat the last character of output. Fix this.
Addresses bz #138606
- Return first entry when there are duplicate keys in a map. Addresses
- Propagate custom map variables to submounts. Fixes bz #143074.
- Create a sysconfig variable to control whether we source only one master
map (the way sun does), or source all maps found (which is the default for
backwards compatibility). Addresses bz #143126.
- Revised version of the get_best_mount patch. (#146887) email@example.com
The previous patch introduced a regression. Non-replicated mounts would
not have the white space stripped from the entry and the mount would fail.
- Handle comment characters in the middle of the automount line in
/etc/nsswitch.conf. Addresses bz #127457.
* Wed Feb 2 2005 Chris Feist - 1:4.1.3-93
- Stop automount from pinging hosts if there is only one host (#146887)
* Wed Feb 2 2005 Jeff Moyer - 1:4.1.3-89
- Fix potential double free in cache_release. This bug showed up in a
multi-map setup. Two calls to cache_release would result in a SIGSEGV,
and the automount process would never exit.
* Mon Jan 31 2005 Jeff Moyer - 1:4.1.3-86
- Merge in map expiry code.
- Merge in patches from devel branch.
* Mon Jan 24 2005 Chris Feist - 1:4.3-84
- Fixed documentation so users know that any local mounts override
any other weighted mount.
* Mon Jan 24 2005 Chris Feist - 1:4.3-79
- Added a variable to determine if we created the directory or not
so we don’t accidently remove a directory that we didn’t create when
we stop autofs. (bz #134399)
* Sun Dec 12 2004 Chris Feist - 1:4.1.3-68
- Fixed segfault when LDAP_SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED is called and –ghost
is used, addresses bz #137220 & #142576.
* Tue Dec 7 2004 Chris Feist - 1:4.1.3-60
- Fixed problem with autofs not finding all mount points in an ldap map.
* Fri Nov 19 2004 Jeff Moyer - 1:4.1.3-59
- Pass a socket into clntudp_bufcreate so that we don’t use up additional
reserved ports. This patch, along with the socket leak fix, addresses
- Add a space after “Starting automounter:”. Addresses bz #138513
* Mon Nov 15 2004 Jeff Moyer - 1:4.1.3-52
- Make autofs understand -[no]browse. Addresses fz #113494.
* Thu Nov 11 2004 Jeff Moyer - 1:4.1.3-49
- Fix the umount loop device function in the init script.
* Mon Nov 8 2004 Chris Feist - 1:4.1.3-45
- Added a patch to fix a bug which didn’t test all hosts in a
replicated map to see which one had the lowest ping. (bz #130467)
* Wed Nov 3 2004 Chris Feist - 1:4.1.3-41
- Fixed init script to not look for maps in the current directory
* Fri Oct 29 2004 Chris Feist - 1:4.1.3-38
- Fixed ldap limit search patch to only issue warnings only
when ghosting is requested.
* Wed Oct 27 2004 Chris Feist - 1:4.1.3-33
- Added a patch to fix the automounter failing on ldap maps
when it couldn’t get the whole map. (ie. when the search
limit was lower than the number of results)
* Thu Oct 21 2004 Chris Feist - 1:4.1.3-32
- Fixed the use of +ypmapname so the maps included with +ypmapname
are used in the correct order. (In the past the ‘+’ entries
were always processed after local entries.)
* Thu Oct 21 2004 Chris Feist - 1:4.1.3-31
- Fixed the duplicate map detection code to detect if maps try
to mount on top of existing maps.
* Wed Oct 20 2004 Chris Feist - 1:4.1.3-29
- Fixed a problem with backwards compatability. Specifying local
maps without ‘/etc/’ prepended to them now works. (bz #136038)
This update can be downloaded from: