FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Problem with install disc. Help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TUXic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Problem with install disc. Help! Reply with quote

Hello,
First let me tell you what I've done so you are familiar with the situation.

I have an amd 6k. I tried different distros but yours was the only one that loaded successfully without any interruptions or lags. Anyways, it was all good until I decided to make my other computer BLag also.
When I inserted the disc, it first told me disc failure, but hwne I checked it in my other computer, it checked ok. So, I changed CD-ROM Drives and gave it another try. Still said that the CD was unbootable.
I decided to burn another copy of BLAG (to satisfy my curiosity) and proceeded to install. It installed successfully. Then, once again I had the oportunity to make my sister's computer into a linux box, so I tried to install BLAG again using the newly burned copy that was installed in the second one, so it would make this the second install. Once again, the boot disk was unreadable. Or it said disc error.
Is it the distro that doesn't allow you to install in more than one machine? or am I the dumbass who does not know what he's doing? Please help.

jebba
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can install as many times as you want from a single CD.

perhaps they are just getting scratched? BLAG has that mediacheck thing at the beginning so you can see if the disc burned correctly or not.

-Jeff

slick50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asume you are trying to install BLAG on low end machines, and most probably the cd is just fine some cdroms won't read a burned cd correctly.... Nothing is more aggravating than loading a machine and it errors out about 80% ,Jeff talked about this and I also use this method on old/older machines where possible. Just pop out the drive and load it with a high end machine ,or one that reads the rom and then put it back in the machine your loading up. :D
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP