FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
ISA sounds card fedora 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: ISA sounds card fedora 3 Reply with quote

HI, I just wanted to let people know about some false info floating around the internet. I keep reading about fedora core 3 not being able to support ISA sound cards. I did notice that fedora 3 does not include sndconfig or can support it. However, I have tested out three different sound cards and all work fine. I have tested a sound blaster, ess audio, and crystal. All of these ISA audio cards work without a problem. I did notice that I did need to turn up the PCM volume in my volume control in Blag30000 to get these to work. It was turned off by default. So even if you run the sound test and it says that there are no sound cards, check to see if your PCM and or CD volume is up. :D
jebba
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Thanks for the info.

I think one of the probs of FC3 is that it starts with alsa channels muted... Most of the time it still works in the sound tester thing in firstboot though.

-Jeff

Jason
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can save your alsa setttings in the control panel. So you only ever need to adjust them once.
Punching Judy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sniff* I love you guys! Now all my linux problems have been solved. Found the perfect distro, and that stupid FC3 Sound thing is fixed.
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP