FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Lost Synaptic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grgaud
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Lost Synaptic Reply with quote

Hi all,
Running blag 30k, very nice! Yesterday I did an "intelligent update" using synaptic, but I didn't notice that it had been removed during the update; It has because I used it and now I can't re-install it. javascript:emoticon(':(')

I tried apt-get install synaptic as well a yum install synaptic, but to no avail. Here's part of the output from yum: javascript:emoticon(':roll:')

Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package synaptic.i386 0:0.55.3-1.1.fc3.fr set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6.so.0 for package: synaptic
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6.so.0 is needed by package synaptic

I'd like to install this package, but when I try I get the reply that either there's nothing to do (yum), or that apt-get can't find this package. Any ideas?

Blag rocks, big time!

grgaud
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Lost Synaptic:

Synaptic's been re-installed, problem solved. I went to a repository (DAG), downloaded the synaptic package, was asked by Firefox if I wanted to do a system install, and voila! If anyone reads this, I hope it helps them out in some way. :D

jebba
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, it sounds like you may have updated against another repository or something like that. If you do a system update, you should only do it with the blag repository enabled. Then you can cherry pick packages from other repositories.
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP