FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Kino and Cinelerra video editing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuffit
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Kino and Cinelerra video editing Reply with quote

hi there

we have some documentation from a workshop we did about using Kino and Cinelerra for video editing. if anyone interested here it is (it mentions Blag ;-)

http://www.a2rt.org/vid/doc.html

Havn't used Cinelerra on Blag yet so if anyone has would be interested to hear how it is

jebba
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. It would be cool to steal the kino docs and stuff them into our wiki. :)

I haven't run cinelerra on BLAG in awhile. My general impression is that cinelerra isn't quite ready for prime-time, but is coming along very nicely. I'll see if I can get a good BLAG build for 10000 and stuff it in the repository.

Thanks,

-Jeff

stuffit
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feel free to steal , we did :-) (some of it anyways)

Cinerella is *really* cool. once youve got it running and learn the basics of its quirks then it is capable. we did a w/shop last saturday on it, one of the people there is very interested in trying to make it look a little more friendly, i think it scares people off when they launch it, its very unintuitive looking.

The Kino docs may be a little out of date, we havn't used kino 0.7.1 and theres been some huge improvements apparently, will post updates soon tho

If you stick an rpm up will it work on blag 9002?

jebba
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An rpm of cinelerra for 9002? I'm focussing on 10k right now, when that gets done I can see if I can do a version of it for 9x. 10k will have kino 0.7.1.

-Jeff

Chris
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you just download the Cinelerra rpm from this website? http://www.heroinewarrior.com/download.php3 I have gotten this rpm to work on redhat 9.0 without a problem. I haven't tried it on blag yet though.
jebba
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, it should work fine. If there are any package conflicts, let me know. I have seen Cinelerra running on a BLAG system, but this system was heavily tweaked.
Triangle
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinelerra, LVE, Avidemux2, MainActor, Lives run perfectly on a BLAG 10K configuration ;-)
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP