BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Don't say Nazi Pope
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

Note, the BLAG servers are shared with Italy Indymedia...

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtm ... ID=8347233
http://italy.indymedia.org/news/2005/04/777206.php

=====================================
Italians Seek to Close Website Showing Pope as Nazi
Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:29 PM ET
ROME (Reuters) - Rome judicial authorities sought a temporary injunction Friday against an Internet site which carried doctored photographs of Pope Benedict dressed in a Nazi uniform.

The crude photomontages of the head of former German Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger on the body of a man wearing a swastika armband and standing in front of a Nazi flag were posted 10 days ago on the Italian branch of the international news and opinion site, Independent Media Center (www.indymedia.org).

Rome investigating magistrate Salavtore Vitello said in a statement the pictures violated a national law prohibiting defamation of the Catholic Church. Vitello said he was also considering taking action against the owners of the site for insulting the authority and honor of the Pope himself.

Ratzinger served in the Hitler Youth, a Nazi paramilitary organization, in World War II when membership was compulsory for young Germans.

He was soon released to study for the priesthood and his biographers have said he was never a member of the Nazi Party and his family opposed Hitler’s regime.

Jewish leaders and human rights groups have welcomed his election as Pope and his anti-Nazi roots.

Judicial sources in Rome said the Indymedia site was registered in Brazil and it was not immediately clear how the injunction, if granted, would be put into effect.

The Italian arm of the Independent Media Center, whose site is a forum for hundreds of contributors around the world on issues ranging from anti-globalization to gay rights, could not be reached for comment.
=====================================

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

Hasn't the Italian gov't gone after Indymedia before? I'm pretty sure I recall them going after Indymedia for something before...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:06 am 
Site Admin

They just need to piss off and do something constructive with their crime rates, sort out their miserable education system and overall just sort out their country. I guess denying freedom of speech is higher on the agenda then catching murderers, rapists, football hooligans and more important than their next generation's jobs being taken by foreigners brought in because home grown talent couldn't deliver.

Post subject: italy's woes
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:56 pm 

Jason wrote:
They just need to piss off and do something constructive with their crime rates, sort out their miserable education system and overall just sort out their country. I guess denying freedom of speech is higher on the agenda then catching murderers, rapists, football hooligans...

all going well up to this point...

Jason wrote:
...and more important than their next generation's jobs being taken by foreigners brought in because home grown talent couldn't deliver.

[i hope] i can see the point you're trying to make here. [i hope] the point is that italian capitalism and the italian state have completely failed the working class of italy [whether italian or 'foreign']. but in my book the world's folks should be able to live and work where the hell they like.

no border network: http://www.noborder.org/
no-one is illegal!: http://www.noii.org.uk/

Post subject: Re: italy's woes
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

r7 wrote:
[i hope] i can see the point you're trying to make here. [i hope] the point is that italian capitalism and the italian state have completely failed the working class of italy [whether italian or 'foreign']. but in my book the world's folks should be able to live and work where the hell they like.

The point I am making is that the next generation of Italian people have no chance of a career going up against people who choose to live there because of an inferior education system coupled with the government not giving a crap. It is cheaper to outsource as we all know hence why India is going to flourish. Good luck to them.

I totally agree we should all be able to live where we want. I would love to live in the USA. However it seems my lack of a Master's Degree, my lack of a $100000 business and my lack of an American bride would pretty much deny me the chance. I have potential jobs in the USA from people who own companies. I may well be able to do my chosen profession better than some of my American counterparts hence why the company I work for has major contracts with the five biggest movie companies on the planet - all American. Fact is I will probably not get the chance to show that. Unlike Italy, rightly or wrongly the American governments strict immigration policies means home grown talent however substandard often block the way of foreigners. Great for home grown talent though.

I think this leads to a global hatred and stereotype of Americans which I thoroughly disagree with. People can say what they want about America. However our own Jeff (jebba) is American. Hardly substandard or hated now is he.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:53 pm 

Jason wrote:
They just need to piss off and do something constructive with their crime rates, sort out their miserable education system and overall just sort out their country. I guess denying freedom of speech is higher on the agenda then catching murderers, rapists, football hooligans and more important than their next generation's jobs being taken by foreigners brought in because home grown talent couldn't deliver.

I do not see no differences with UK, USA whatsoever , even I do think is worst there than in Italy (and I've been living in a couple of countries... including UK).

Politicians are all the same... and they all need to piss off

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:13 pm 

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
-Denis Diderot, French encyclopedist

distros: peanut/alinux (forum donator), simply mepis(i586), BLAG
life banned from: Vector, Beatrix, Yahoo, linuxpackages, ...
DE: xfce4, gnome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:15 am 

I am from the USA and I would like to say this. Take at as you will. We have a great country when we have great leaders in the white house........

We also have many jobs leaving the country. China, India and Mexico seem to be the most popular. This is good in one way but it is bad in another way. We are having more and more individuals going bankrupt, well while they can. Pretty soon those laws will change and only the really rich people and corporations will have that luxury.

Speaking of that up here in Rochester Kodak is closing its plant and moving much of it to China. We have a couple other big businesses that are goin bankrupt and with that all those who are retired and now recieve pensions will either loose most of it or all of it. I have a family member going through that now. Worked his whole life, is a vet. Now he is screwed. Another family member is filing bakruptcy(before the laws change,) and he is losing everything. Went to college, worked 30 years and retired. Now he has nothing also. And this was no fault of either of them.

GM and Ford have been a shakey ground, among many others.

So all the problems that are happening around the world ARE happening here. It is hard for other countries to see it. But for people in my own country that pretend it is not happening is..................

We are on the verge of a major problem here, actually it has already started. I wish people could open there eyes but they won't until (a) it happens to them or their own (b)when it is to late (c) all of the above.

This is effecting the world, the world is effecting us. We need to figure out a new and better system for ALL of us. The old one(current one) has failed.

wwwolf3304

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:00 am 

Italy did pretty well when they had no effective government for all those years............hmmm I think there's a lesson in there somewhere.

PS: America has 2% in jail, 5% homeless and 10% with no access to healthcare.......we know you have problems lol

Post subject: Brilliant
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:20 am 
Quote:

I love it do you not?:I:I

Post subject: Re: Brilliant
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:56 am 
Site Admin

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

I love it do you not?:I:I

And the new server has the same IP banlist as the old :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:39 pm 
No, he's no longer a Nazi, but his general facial expression does somewhat resemble that of a one Darth Sidious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:11 am 
Site Admin

Topic locked due to excessive spamming. For some odd reason, the spambots like this topic.

Thanks,
Stephen Clement

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]