BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Palm zire and Blag 30k
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:47 am 

Can anyone give me step by step instructions on what I need to do to get my palm to sync with evolution or jpilot? Im not new to Linux but I am mostly self taught and just don't seem to be able to get things working. I have done multiple web searches and each help file seems to be just a little different. I know I have to write new rules to visor, but don't have a clue as to what to do after that. The directions I have found appear to be written for someone with formal computer training and that is definitely not me. I get around pretty well most of the time, but this Palm pilot thing has me totally confused. I would appreciate greatly any help provided. I love blag and think it's the greatest linux system available, but I have also become very dependant on my palm pilot. If it comes to chosing between my palm pilot and Blag 30k, I guess I'll have to buy an appointment book. Thanks to all involved for a great OS and hope someone can help.

hoppy72
Altoona, Pa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:39 am 

Hi Happy, welcome to the Blag community hope you spend the rest of your linux time with us :wink:
I don't know if you visited the Blag Wiki but try this link and you will find some info on getting a palm syncing with Blag.
http://wiki.blagblagblag.org/Palm_Tungsten
I know it says Palm_Tungsten but it is the same setup.

Hope this help you

Vasco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:27 am 
Site Admin

The Zire's a Palm so it should be a goer The Tungsten T has Palm OS 5 and that works well with evolution. :) Follow the link to the wikii. If you discover anything, be sure to add to it :wink:

...waiting for thunderbird extension for palms..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:10 pm 

Thanks to all. I followed the link, did the steps and I am up and running. I do appreciate the responses i get when I have a problem. Super people, Super operating system. What else can I say but thanks.

hoppy72

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:08 am 
Site Admin

The Pilot-link suite is another top app for backing up your palm device and you probably already have it. Grab if from the repo if you don't have it installed. There's also plucker, an app used to put web pages and other docs onto palms. Expect a wikii for that soon.