Product : Fedora Core 3
Name : perl
Version : 5.8.5
Release : 12.FC3
Summary : The Perl programming language.
Perl is a high-level programming language with roots in C, sed, awk
and shell scripting. Perl is good at handling processes and files,
and is especially good at handling text. Perl’s hallmarks are
practicality and efficiency. While it is used to do a lot of
different things, Perl’s most common applications are system
administration utilities and web programming. A large proportion of
the CGI scripts on the web are written in Perl. You need the perl
package installed on your system so that your system can handle Perl
Install this package if you want to program in Perl or enable your
system to handle Perl scripts.
Security and packaging fixes.
* Thu Apr 28 2005 Ville Skyttä - 3:5.8.5-12.FC3
- Apply fix for CAN-2004-0452 (#156128, #146774).
- Drop incorrect provides from the main package and release tag munging
from the suidperl subpackage (#148847, José Pedro Oliveira).
* Fri Apr 1 2005 Petr Rockai
- Do not link with libbind… (backported patch from devel).
* Wed Mar 31 2005 Petr Rockai - 3:5.8.5-10.FC3
- Fix for CAN-2005-0155, CAN-2005-0156.
- Work around a FTBFS (fails to build from source) in fc3 buildroots.