FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Query Good Music Librarian

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jBarry
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Query Good Music Librarian Reply with quote

Hi citizen of BLAG

I am wondering what good good music organizer do we have? BLAG has gtkpod but I dont have an ipod and i dont know how to save its song list and not requery the directories every time it starts (or am I missing an option) (I like like its interface though just a bit slow when adding songs and you cant do anything while it adds the songs :x )

OK OK OK enough rant just a little on the edge here.

TIA

jBarry
jebba
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, well other than xmms, there isn't anything on the CD, IIRC... Try grabbing rhythmbox from the repo and see if it does what you're looking for.

-Jeff

jBarry
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Just what I was Looking For

TAL

jBarry
jBarry
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please enlighten me...

The computer at home is installed with BLAG 30K no Internet Connection. So I Installed Rhythmbox at the work computer and copied the RPM download at the cache.

Now when I install rhythmbox at home it displays a msg saying it cannot proccess mp3 files. But if I use xmms it can play the files without problems. Don't the audio programs uses the same libraries. Do I need the nonfree codecs for rhythmbox to work properly?

Darn!!

jBarry
jebba
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need non-free codecs for rhythmbox. Perhaps some gnome-audio-* packages?
jBarry
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK another question, is there a difference when I install software thru synaptic, than installing an RPM by double clicking it in nautilus? (except of course the automatic download that happens with synaptic).

Because thats what I did I copied the RPM file in the cache and used it to install in the home computer. Also I am very confused why xmms CAN play the files while rhythmbox cannot.

Rhythmbox at home says it doesnt have the plug-ins neccesssry to play the mp3 files.

jBarry
jBarry
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it the package needed is

gstreamer-plugins-extra-audio

Problem Solved (I think) need to try it at home

I actually installed another computer here with BLAG just to test :twisted: How I wish Ihave those emulator thingies to make testing a snap

jBarry
jebba
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that sounds like a package that would fix it. :)

synaptic will automatically get needed dependecies, whereas just running rpm won't.

-Jeff

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP