FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
gnomad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pistonbrew
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: gnomad Reply with quote

is there any way i can apt-get gnomad?

having a devil of a time trying to compile its various deps, and i just want apt-get to come and do it all for me. what're the chances?

cheers

bob

ps. plumped for the creative zen micro in the end, mainly due to its replaceable battery. it's not gonna arrive for a while yet, so i thought i'd get gnomad running in the meantime, but i'm stuck in libnjb hell...

slick50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need these rpm's to get it going:(tryed it it works) gnomad2-2.7.0-1.FC3.i386.rpm
libnjb-2.1.2-FC3.i386.rpm
You can google 'em up. Hopes this helps you out, Have fun!

pistonbrew
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ta mate, after i gave up trying to compile the source, i tried nomad2-2.7.1-1.FC3.i386.rpm, and it just wasn't happening. your version worked no probs, i can start gnomad2 (haven't got anything yet to plug into it though!).

what player are you using with it, if you don't mind me asking?

stevo32
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pistonbrew wrote:
ta mate, after i gave up trying to compile the source, i tried nomad2-2.7.1-1.FC3.i386.rpm, and it just wasn't happening. your version worked no probs, i can start gnomad2 (haven't got anything yet to plug into it though!).

what player are you using with it, if you don't mind me asking?

As a heads up, many times when people help you in this forum they don't have full experience with the software. e.g. i recommended gnomad2 to you and I said that iPods worked under linux but I own neither a player that works with gnomad2 nor an iPod.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo32 wrote:

As a heads up, many times when people help you in this forum they don't have full experience with the software. e.g. i recommended gnomad2 to you and I said that iPods worked under linux but I own neither a player that works with gnomad2 nor an iPod.

well i can confirm blag 30k & gnomad2 & creative's zen micro player all seem to play happily together :)

there are a few oversights in gnomad2 that are fairly vexing. specs-wise, neutrino looks more useful, but until it's packaged into rpm i will just admire from afar.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP