BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: gnomad
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:57 pm 

is there any way i can apt-get gnomad?

having a devil of a time trying to compile its various deps, and i just want apt-get to come and do it all for me. what're the chances?

cheers

bob

ps. plumped for the creative zen micro in the end, mainly due to its replaceable battery. it's not gonna arrive for a while yet, so i thought i'd get gnomad running in the meantime, but i'm stuck in libnjb hell...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:40 am 

You will need these rpm's to get it going:(tryed it it works) gnomad2-2.7.0-1.FC3.i386.rpm
libnjb-2.1.2-FC3.i386.rpm
You can google 'em up. Hopes this helps you out, Have fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:25 am 

ta mate, after i gave up trying to compile the source, i tried nomad2-2.7.1-1.FC3.i386.rpm, and it just wasn't happening. your version worked no probs, i can start gnomad2 (haven't got anything yet to plug into it though!).

what player are you using with it, if you don't mind me asking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

pistonbrew wrote:
ta mate, after i gave up trying to compile the source, i tried nomad2-2.7.1-1.FC3.i386.rpm, and it just wasn't happening. your version worked no probs, i can start gnomad2 (haven't got anything yet to plug into it though!).

what player are you using with it, if you don't mind me asking?

As a heads up, many times when people help you in this forum they don't have full experience with the software. e.g. i recommended gnomad2 to you and I said that iPods worked under linux but I own neither a player that works with gnomad2 nor an iPod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:55 pm 

stevo32 wrote:
As a heads up, many times when people help you in this forum they don't have full experience with the software. e.g. i recommended gnomad2 to you and I said that iPods worked under linux but I own neither a player that works with gnomad2 nor an iPod.

well i can confirm blag 30k & gnomad2 & creative's zen micro player all seem to play happily together :)

there are a few oversights in gnomad2 that are fairly vexing. specs-wise, neutrino looks more useful, but until it's packaged into rpm i will just admire from afar.