BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fedora Sucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:07 pm 
Ok, I am a big fan of redhat linux but the new fedora core sucks. It has so many hardware problems that redhat never had. I am glad that Blag uses redhat 9.0 for its base system. The biggest problem I have found with fedora is how it doesn't let you select the resolution for your monitor during install. Because of this Fedora will not run on lots of older monitors because it keeps setting the rez to 1024X768 which older monitors cannot handle. So far I would have to say that Blag Linux is now my favorite Linux Distro. Please keep it based on redhat. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

I hear your problems about fedora core 1.

Fedora Core 2 could cause a bit of havoc as well. It is switching to the 2.6 kernel, which will bring quite a few changes. It may make a lot of things significantly better though (drive access, USB, firewire, wireless, etc). The FC2 test1 release used SELinux enabled, which caused lots of problems for people. I don't know if FC2 final will have it in "enforcing" mode or disabled by default--lets hope its the latter.

The next major version of BLAG (10000) will be based on Fedora Core 1. Hopefully I'll be able to correct some of the issues you saw. I will be using their newer anaconda for the installer.

I'll continue posting updates to the 9000 (RH9) series. It will be easy to stay in sync as I'll be able to get core updates for RH9 from Fedora-legacy and updates to BLAG packages from the repositories (DAG, FreshRPMs, ATrpms, etc.). You can just:
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
to keep your system up-to-date

-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:26 am 
Thank you for your reply. I have to say up till now Blag linux is my favorite Linux distro. I love the fact that it is all on one CD and contains all the necessary programs for regular home users and then some. I also enjoy how easy it is to install since I do not have to go hunting all over the net to find all the multimedia programs I want. This is a breath of fresh air to have a linux distro that is easier to install than windows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

I would second that. I think BLAG is going to be something big once people realise just how easy it all is. This is a far cry from the days when people I know tried and failed to even get RH6.2 installed.