BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:08 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:50 pm 

contents wrote:
Let me say that I'm here because of the politics

Yeah, I'm here for the same reason.

But the reason this thread is so long is that despite the fact that everyone seems to think that trolls are despicable, bating them is fun. ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:19 pm 

ewl wrote:
...despite the fact that everyone seems to think that trolls are despicable, bating them is fun. ;-)

I agree. Putting trolls in their place is quite fun and entertaining. And it proves that you are smarter than the trolls.

Post subject: bookmarks
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:18 am 
I choose to support who I wish. A set of bookmarks one way or the other is not going to influence me, other than to humor! I beleve in Civil Liberties so say what you want! If I dissagree, I will say so polititely (please excuse my spelling) and if you would like to debate I may be up for that. So would you be offended if the bookmarks pointed to the Catholic Church or Anti-abortion sites? How about the American Republican Party? I have things to agree and dissagree with all of them. NO BIGGIE.

Thank you for reading!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:22 pm 

I agree with you, and speaking for myself I don't see the expression of differing political viewpoints as "trollish". The trolls are the ones who come across blag, install it and then come across the firefox bookmarks and come on the forums with righteous indignation and patronize everyone by explaining how silly it is for us to be on the left when left wing politics have been so decisively disproven. In the process they inevitably reveal their own ignorance and ethnocentrism and lay themselves open to attack.

I could be wrong but I think they are mostly from the USA. I recognize the political tunnel vision of my fellow countrymen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:09 pm 

I am not american, but I enjoy reading about "very" different opinions...
It makes me richer to have access to the wide spectrum of ideas...
I am gratefull to the Blag team to post the bookmarks, because it provides me many links I would never have visited...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

Annoyingly, this thread keeps getting pounded by spambots. I've tried temporarily locking the thread--then they go away. But every time I unlock it they come back. I think the bots must look for the longest thread in the forums (which i think this is), if they can't post to it, they just fail. So I'm just gonna lock it...

Damn spammers drive me nuts. ;)

-Jeff

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10