FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
BLAG 1 of the best

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siacs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: BLAG 1 of the best Reply with quote

I have been working withh BLAG since 9001 and it has proven to be a GREAT distro. I normally don't use rpm based/RH distro's but I just like BLAG
I am glad to see this forum . Keep up the great work
SIACS

jebba
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear. :)

You can update 9001 to 9002 thusly:
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

Also, you'll notice a lot more repositories set up for apt now. And 9002's apt has blag's "extras" repository enabled, which is everything on the DVD.

siacs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: 9002 Reply with quote

I have already donloaded the iso but am wait for a new hard drive to give it a spin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I been using Blag 9001 upgraded to 9002, Well I think it one of the best and stable!! I load it on varios machines and installs without a hitch. I am very tough on distros! The one thing that I like is the Gnome Desktop, Kde sucks, and to bloated,.Desktop users will always want to keep things simple. I tryed alot of Others out there! (Not to name as to get their feathers ruffled ). LoL! I think you are headed in the right direction ! Keep it up! :D
slick50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slick50 wrote:
I been using Blag 9001 upgraded to 9002, Well I think it one of the best and stable!! I load it on varios machines and installs without a hitch. I am very tough on distros! The one thing that I like is the Gnome Desktop, Kde sucks, and too bloated,.Desktop users will always want to keep things simple. I tryed a lot of Others out there! (Not to name as to get their feathers ruffled ). LoL! I think you are headed in the right direction ! Keep it up! :D

demitri_88
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: BLAG Is The Best Distro! Reply with quote

I've been working with Linux in general for 8 months now and I did linux hopping. Tried about 20 distros and wasn't happy. Then I found BLAG,and I like to say I love it. It works great and it dosen't use that many resources. It has everything I want. I'd like to give thanks to the people of BLAG,and I got a few people to convert to your distro. Keep up the good work,and I'll never move to another distro ever again!
john maclean
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! BLAG! I've been running BLAG9002 for a few weeks on a very old IBM Thinkpad 600 laptop. It toook a while to work out how to get the sound, ethernet and monitor conmfiguered correctly BUT this disrto kicks major butt.

This morning I was listening to Paul Oakenfold mixes with Shoutcast, chatting to nuff people on xchat and writing code for my web site. This was with apache web server running so that I could check out my php. Not one bump on any of these processes.

Thanks to all at BLAG for a great computing experience.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded this distro today and installed it on a test machine. I am impressed! I've been looking for a distro that has all the desktop apps. Thanks and keep up the good work.
crane
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too just installed brag for the first time. I've been on fedora and red hat for a while. I like trying new distros and this one is really nice.

Just installed nvidia drivers and Quake3. I really like all the apts you guys included and can't wit to play with it some more.

Great work!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just installed BLAG 10000 and it is a beast. It is even better than 9002. I love this distro because everything works.
richard coles
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: BLAG 1 of the best Reply with quote

Hello ... glad I found you.

I switched over from windows after my mbr got trashed (even with daily virus protection). I never realized how cumbersome windows was until I got Linux going. Blag is a clean and attractive OS and the support is wonderful. How is it that Blag can recognize all my parts whereas the two big guys could not? After scrolling down a list of alternative distros, I picked up Blag because I liked the name ... and I am glad that I did.

A linux neophyte ... but have learned a lot in the past two weeks trying to get things operational with the other guys.

btw ... there appears to be a memory leak while running eMule. Is this normal or what?

jebba
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Glad you're liking blag :)

I don't know of any memory leaks in aMule, but it is a kinda beta application. I've been able to leave it running for days at a time ok.

Some commands to find out about memory/system:

Code:
free
ps ax
ps axu
ps axf

Have fun,

-Jeff

richard coles
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Blag 1 of the best Reply with quote

thanks for the info

I left eMule running while at work and could barely open terminal when I got back. Just a one time glitch as it has been going for 48 hours without a problem

having fun learning linux

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP