FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Can Blag 9002 be upgraded to 10000 using synaptic?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Can Blag 9002 be upgraded to 10000 using synaptic? Reply with quote

I was wondering if there is a way to upgrade from 9002 to the new 10000 without using the install cd. Is there a way to upgrade everything via synaptic?
jebba
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do it via apt-get, but I wouldn't recommend doing it via synaptic. Also, a couple people reported problems doing it via apt-get, but I think in both cases it had something to do with their setup, and not apt-get/blag itself.

If you want to go for it, try it thusly:
Code:
ctrl-alt-F1    (to get a console--log in as root)
init 3    (shut down xwindows)
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
sync
reboot

-Jeff

egort
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: upgrade to 10000 Reply with quote

Hi:
Thx for the great distro - I'm using 9002
To upgrade to 10000 do I need to add the new repositories to apt?

Thx in advance for your reply

Evert

jebba
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, the new repositories need to be uncommented. They are in the blag.list file. Look for the ones that have "10000" in the name. /etc/apt/sources.list.d/blag.list

Comment out the 9000 ones as well.

-Jeff

spongebox
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are missing out on the enjoyment of the full install. I downloaded the 10000 version and tried the upgrade option first. Everything looked pretty much like it did on 9002. If you love the experience of something new and can appreciate the work that went into this build, I strongly recommend you install the full version from square one. I am very pleased with the changes.
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP