FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Install crash

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arrowhead
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Install crash Reply with quote

Hi all,
I am having problems installing blag on my main PC (I have tested it on am old PII 266 and I like it).
Just after the "test media" part of the install blag checks the graphics card, monitor, etc (I think that is what happened when I installed on th 266 box), this is were it all falls apart. When it is checking the graphics card I get an error which reads,
"exec of anaconda failed. Permision deniedinstall exited abnormally"

I am using a Nvidia GeForec FX 5200 and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the cause of the problem. I have tried other distros that have struggled with it but they usualy fall at first boot.

I would be greatful for any advice.

Thanks in advance,

David

jebba
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest installing in text mode. You'll be better able to diagnose the video card once everything is installed on the box. To do this, at the CD installation "boot:" prompt (penguins standing around), type "linux text".

If you send more error output I can make a better guess at what anaconda is thinking. :) (try ctrl-alt-f2, f3, etc)

-Jeff

arrowhead
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jebba,
I've maneged it. I am pretty new to linux and forgot about the ctrl-alt-f4 thing. After looking at what was going on behind the scenes I realised what was going wrong, I had to issue the command "noapic" to get things up and running (a problem I have encountered when trying Knoppix).
This a great distibution, lot's of software I want to use is already installed :D
I am sure you will hear from me again being a complete neewbie, I will probably break it before tea :wink: .

Thanks again,

David

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP