FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Gaim instant messenger.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Gaim instant messenger. Reply with quote

Hi, I have a computer running the new blag 10000 and also a computer running 9002 blag. The blag 10000 system has giam 0.77 installed on it but my 9002 machine says giam 0.75? Can I upgrade my 075 to 0.77? I have tried through synaptic but it does show 0.77 being available for 9002.
jebba
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just added:
gaim-0.77-1.0.rh9.dag.i386.rpm

to the repository for 9000.

-Jeff

Chris
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock on!!!!!!! Thanks!!!
Jason
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0.78 is out now fyi.
jebba
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added to 10000 repository, along with a number of other errata from fedora.

-Jeff

Chris
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I tried to install gaim 0.77 in blag 9002 today using synaptic and it will not work. When I click the gaim rpm it says it cannot be upgraded because there are dependencies that cannot be installed. There were 4 packages listed that could not be installed. It says gtkspell not installable, lybgcrypt.so.1 not installable, libgnutls.so.7 not installable, and libgtkspell.so.0 not installable.
jebba
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I have added all those dependencies to the 9000 repository.

-Jeff

Chris
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now it says that two dependencies cannot be installed. libcrypt.so.1 and libgnutls.so.7
jebba
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? They are part of gnutls, which I added:
rpm -qpl gnutls-0.8.10-0.rh90.dag.i386.rpm
/usr/lib/libgnutls-extra.so.7
/usr/lib/libgnutls-extra.so.7.0.10
/usr/lib/libgnutls.so.7
/usr/lib/libgnutls.so.7.0.10

libcrypt.so.1 is part of glibc, which you most certainly have installed. Hmm... Did you `apt-get update` first?

-Jeff

Chris
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tired apt-get but it didn't do anythying. Maybe I am doing something wrong. What would be the command to use apt-get?
Jason
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use apt-get install xxxxxx or apt-get upgrade xxxxxx replying the xxxxxx with whatever you want to install/upgrade.
Chris
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO I would type in the run program section apt-get upgrade gaim. Is that correct?
Jason
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope open a terminal and type it. Star > System Tools > Terminal or just click the terminal icon if there is one in your task bar.

You can of course just go to run, click the circle that says run in terminal and then type su.

That will open up a terminal that says password. Then type in your root password (you need to be root to use apt-get).

Once you got a root prompt you will see something line [root@localhost xxxxx]#

Notice the # sign. That means you have root access as opposed to normal access where you would have the $.

You can now run apt-get install xxxxxx

Chris
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I finally got apt-get to work correctly. Unfortunately it still didn't install the new gaim. It was hard to read what happened when I ran apt-get but it said something about dependencies real fast and then the terminal would just dissapear.
Chris
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just tried to install the Gaim 0.78 redhat 9 package from the gaim website and that will not install either. It starts to install the rpm but then stops half way through and the install screen dissapears. I have emailed the people at gaim about it and they never email me back. Anyone else have this problem?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> support Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP