FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
P2P/Torrents etc.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nofoto
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: P2P/Torrents etc. Reply with quote

What does everybody think to filesharing? Specifically copyrighted material, rather than the concept.
Just interested to see what mix of opinions BLAG users have on the subject :)
Josh

jebba
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, i don't use p2p much except to use bittorrent to grab Free ISOs :)

The times I do are usually to track down something a bit rare/obscure such as "El Topo" or politics stuff where the author probably doesn't care if it's pirated (such as "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised").

That said, I think the copyright laws are, well, dah. I don't even want to get into it. They suck.

-Jeff

stevo32
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I download all the music I want 'cause it's still legal here in Canada (woohoo for constantly rotating minority governments!). :D As for everything else, I'll occasionally grab a movie that's hard to get otherwise (can't get it in stores nor rent it).

Thanks,
Stephen Clement

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will use it if I can't find something. Generally though I have no need for it.
pistonbrew
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have Gb's of mp3s from nicotine and the like. i figure i've given the record industry enough money over the years, they won't mind me taking stuff back right? and, like stealing cds frrom HMV - who gives a fuck?
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP