BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:28 pm 
Hi, I recenlty tried installing blag 10000 on a computer I have at home. During install I never got promted to set up my monitor. After installing and rebooting, blag begins to load but then all of a sudden my screen goes all wacky like the resolution is set wrong. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:31 pm 
Site Admin

Try running

Code:
redhat-config-xfree86

as root and see if that fixes the problem.

-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:10 pm 
How do I log in as root? I can't make it to the login screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

Hold down "ctrl-alt-F1" and you can get to the console.

-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:20 am 
Ok, I used cntrl alt F1 to get to the command and I loged in as root. Then I entered redhat-config-xfree86 Then after waiting about 10 seconds my screen went crazy again when it tried to get the video going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:12 am 
Site Admin

Did you just let it run for a bit? I know it cycles a few times through before it finishes (it tries different configs).

In /etc/X11/XF86Config there is a "Device" section. Change the Driver line to read:
Driver "vesa"

That may fix it for you.

Also, what kind of install did you do? If you do a "regular" install (e.g. hit <enter> at CD boot), it prompts you for a monitor type.

-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:30 am 
Sorry, during regular graphical install it never showed a monitor selection screen. I went to the fedora website and read about other people having the same problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:30 am 
Hi, John I had a break through today. I have had this same problem with my monitor on many computers, mostly being pentium II or AMD k62 systems. On newer computers I have never had a problem with fedora linux core 1 but I am afraid that anything 500mhz or under might have this problem. Here is how I got it to work. During install go the screen where it asks how to partition the hard drive. Then instead of hitting next hit back until you get to where the monitor setup screen should have been. It should show up now. At least it did for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:42 am 
Oh my god it worked!!!!!! Thanks Chris. What kind of bug is this? Sure enough I went to install and passed where the monitor screen should have been and didn't see a thing for monitor settings. Then after reaching the automatic partition section I hit back like two or three times and there the screen appeared. What freek thing. Anyways, everything works now. The fedora team needs to fix this bug.