FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
when we go live with blag 10000 ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
observer7
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: when we go live with blag 10000 ??? Reply with quote

we going to have the 10000 ready soon for stability . i have installed and run the last prototype and its :D runing with no problems . when we going to distrowatch with it ? the art work is fantastic .
mitch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't wait for the new blag though....come on jebba!!!! :wink:
Jason
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff said he will be uploading an image shortly and it may well be 10000. It just depends how testing for it goes. When it is uploaded, we can all give it a good run and if no bugs are found then we can call it 10000. Either ways it won't be long now.
jebba
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had the bandwidth, I'd pop up an image immediately to play with. I have a few things I need to nail down:
one more icon...
one change to anaconda for workstation install
thoroughly testing firstboot
testing tons of different installs

You can see http://bugzilla.blagblagblag.org to see where things stand "in real time". The betas are fully useable right now, but I want to tweak a bit more before 10000.

Any test installs and comments to bugs in bugzilla are greatly appreciated. I know there have been lots of downloads/installs of 9999, but I haven't gotten much feedback.

-Jeff

jebba
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm uploading 10000 CD to the server right now. A few hours left to go.

I'll then upload the DVD/repository, update the website, send out announcements over the next couple days. It took me 38 hours to upload the DVD last time.... ;)

-Jeff

jebba
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 10000 CD is now online:

ftp://ftp.blagblagblag.org/pub/BLAG/linux/10000/en/iso/BLAG-10000.iso

I'll be updating the repository and making announcements this week.

-Jeff

stevo32
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: well what do ya know?! Reply with quote

just as my old computer crashes, jebba releases 10000...hmm...thanks jebba!
Jason
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10000 is lovely and not just functionality either. I thought 9002 was pretty but using 10000 shows such an improvement graphically.
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP