FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
BLAG10001 coming...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, when is Blag 10001 comming out? This message has been up for like a month now. LOL :D
jebba
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, good point. I just saw that when I saw how many posts there were.

I was sitting on my hands waiting for some kernel modules to appear--they never did. Then I made a bunch of kernel-modules and of course Fedora updated their kernel, so I need to do them again.

I'm in the process of setting up some new servers right now too. The development servers will be at a co-location facility here soon. This will make it easier to push out updates and collaborate with other devels.

Later,

-Jeff, who is about to mount the motherboard for the 10k devel box in a rack case....

Marcel de la Jartèle
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gnome 2.8 and GAIM 1.0 are out.
It would be nice to include that in the distro ^^

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAIM 1.0? yes. GNOME 2.8? It can wait for BLAG 30k....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah ^^
But we're already waiting the 2000 too :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how is the progress comming along for Blag 10001? Just curious :)
jebba
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John wrote:
So, how is the progress comming along for Blag 10001? Just curious :)

Uh, oh boy...

One thing that initially held up 10k1 was the kernel-modules, which never "appeared". Then I got a bit over distracted by 20k. I have set up the 20k devel at a co-location facility, but haven't set up the 10k one as it was running way too hot. I just physically moved a whole bunch of stuff around, so I'll see if I can get the 10k box rolling again.

I can get a 10001 out much faster if I don't have to beat my head against the kernel-module-* packages. What do you all think? Should I just push it out minus the extra kernel-module-* RPMs that were in 10000?

-Jeff

John
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be the disadvantages of leaving the module rpms out?
jebba
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John wrote:
What would be the disadvantages of leaving the module rpms out?

These would break if you ran the latest kernel:

kernel-module-acx100
kernel-module-alsa
kernel-module-ndiswrapper
kernel-module-ntfs
kernel-module-slmodem
kernel-module-thinkpad

I'd get ALSA going though, methinks. I wanted to add more though, so more modems & wireless cards could work...

John
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion I'd rather wait for the finished product. :D
Marcel de la Jartèle
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALSA ==) GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT !
BLAG Linux, simply the best ^^

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be best to leave those kernel modules there. I'll wait. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I just shot a few emails back & forth with Dag, so maybe he'll get a chance to whip 'em up. If not, I'll get them going.

I've been setting up a whole bunch of new servers so it's been eating my time, but they are more or less ready now (well, still need /some/ tweaking...). But henceforth, images should be made at a much quicker rate in the future.

Also, Dag pointed me to this, which look real cool:
http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/docs/buildsystem.txt

So I'll be setting up stuff for that too, once their software is ready.

Later,

-Jeff

stevo32
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, that thing @ rpmforge looks neat :) hopefully we'll be getting a few more RPM's coming (and hopefully kernel modules) so we can get things going. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well recently I have been refering my friends and family members to use Blag as their OS since so many of them keep having problems with windows getting spam and viruses. Well, I have noticed that two of my friends have had problems with updating their system with synaptic. After doing so all their text seams to dissapear. I found a topic in your forums about this and read about how running apt-get instead corrects this problem. However, most of the people I know are very computer eliterate and I do not want to attempt to tell them how log in as root, run commend etc... over the phone. I have decided that I will tell everyone I know to use Balg 9002 until the problem is hopefully resolved in Blag 10001.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> development Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP