FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
BlagCanyon Theme problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magnet
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: BlagCanyon Theme problem Reply with quote

Well, not so much a problem as a bothersome little bit. I've noticed that in every program, the images for checkboxes are opposite. For example, if I want something turned on in a program, I go into the menu and take the check-mark away. It's kind of confusing to remember that 'when a button is checked, that means it's not really checked.' I'm not sure if it was intentional in the design or if it's been brought up before (did a search, didn't think I saw anything about it). Either way, seems like a simple fix. I like the theme, but having the buttons screwed up like that can be bothersome.
jebba
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you're talking about. I'm not sure when that kicked in. I've seen it as well. I think it's only in /some/ applications. Are you certain it's theme related? (I have a hunch it is as well.) Certain to be fixed in 10001.

http://bugzilla.blagblagblag.org/show_bug.cgi?id=334

-Jeff

jebba
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I've looked at this a bit. blagCanyon, the main BLAG theme, was originally based on Grand Canyon.

One quick test is to just right-click on the desktop, go do "Disks" and see what is checked. Some themes have it wrong, some right, some nothing...

Themes that have checks when should be unchecked
============================================
blagCanyon
Grand Canyon

Themes that are just blank
======================
Bluecurve
Crux
Ocean Dream
Simple
Smokey Blue
Traditional
Large Print

Themes that have it right
====================
High Contrast
High Contrast Inverse
Mist

This bug was reported to redhat/fedora forever ago. I let them know it's present in Fedora Core 2 (just checked it):

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=110167

For that matter, it was in redhat 9 even:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=89467

I think that lots of programs used to do their checkboxes in a different method so it wasn't seen as much...

The fix is quite easy. I want to rebuild blagCanyon and roll in a couple other minor changes too (waiting on a couple icons). When that's done I'll upload the new blagCanyon for apt-getting. If it really drives you nuts you can just make the minor change listed in bugzilla to your file (/usr/share/themes/blagCanyon is the dir).

-Jeff

magnet
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot! Also, are there going to be any other blag themes? I really like the style of blagCanyon, maybe that could be ported to other themes?
jebba
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We (hyland & I) were planning to do a SVG version for 20000, but 20000 may be done before the theme is complete. We'll keep blagCanyon and add the new SVG one when it is finished.

-Jeff

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP