FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Direct Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebba
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Direct Connect Reply with quote

A direct connect client has been added to the BLAG repository at a user's request. It will also be in 10001, if it works well and others find it useful.

Direct Connect is a filesharing application.

To install it:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install dcgui-qt

For more info, see:
http://dcgui.berlios.de/

If you use it, please let me know how it works for you good or bad.

Thanks,

-Jeff

John
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Direct Connect is awesome! I have found so many more things on it than I have ever been able to find on kazaa. The only downfall with it is you can only download from one user at a time so you cannot get real fast download speeds.
stevo32
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John wrote:
Direct Connect is awesome! I have found so many more things on it than I have ever been able to find on kazaa. The only downfall with it is you can only download from one user at a time so you cannot get real fast download speeds.

yeah but that's so people with large file collections don't have to wait for everything to be hashed. trust me, when your sharing tons of ISO's (e.g. Fedora Core 1 i386 and src) it can get slow, waiting for it to hash.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP