FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
help with getting RealPlayer8 to work..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazim
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: help with getting RealPlayer8 to work.. Reply with quote

--- sorry about these images I cannt get them smaller and clear enough -------

RealPlayer8 is installed, and located in /usr/lib/RealPlayer8/realplay, but I cannot get Galeon or Mozilla to use it to handle RAM files.

RealPlayer works if I know the name of the RAM file and can open them from RP directly, but some sites like http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/index.shtml do not give direct access to the file name.

On the Mozilla dialog:
=========================================================
)
then the "Choose" and the "OK" button do not respond, so I cannot add the .RAM handler.

On the Galeon dialog

although I have set the MIME type, mplayer still insists on trying to handle the RAM and fails.

If anyone has succeeded in getting Galon or Mozilla to work with RAM site slike the BBC radio player, please post some settings here, or tell me what I am doing wrong?

jebba
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be that plugger is pre-empting it.

Check /etc/pluggerrc or in 10000 /etc/mozpluggerrc

-Jeff

kazimkazim
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas how to change it so realplay gets it instead?
Code:

## Realaudio plugin
##
audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin:rpm: RealPlayer Plugin Metafile
audio/x-pn-realaudio: ra,rm,ram: Realaudio-plugin resource locator
audio/x-realaudio: ra,rm,ram: RealAudio file
application/vnd.rn-realmedia: rm: RealMedia file
application/smil: smi: RealPlayer
audio/vnd.rn-realaudio: ra,ram: RealAudio file
audio/vnd.rn-realvideo: rv: RealVideo file
        embed url ignore_errors have(mplayer):sleep 99999999 | gmplayer -skin mini -guiwid $hexwindow -really-quiet -prefer-ipv4 -framedrop -wid $hexwindow -cache 1024 -nojoystick -nofs "$url" >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
        embed url ignore_errors have(mplayer):sleep 99999999 | mplayer -quiet -xy $xsize -wid $hexwindow -cache 1000 -vop pp -autoq 99 -nojoystick -nofs -osdlevel 1 "$url" >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
        noembed url ignore_errors have(mplayer) maxaspect swallow(MPlayer):sleep 99999999 | mplayer -quiet -cache 1000 -vop pp -autoq 99 -nojoystick -nofs -osdlevel 1 "$url" >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
        exits nokill: realplay "$file"

jebba
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something along the lines of:

audio/vnd.rn-realvideo: rv: RealVideo file
realplayer $url

kazim
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: RESOLVED Reply with quote

Resolved the issue by adding settings in Galeon/Prefernces/Helper Progs.

http://hipnosi.net/pub/realaudiosettings.png

Thanks for the pointers tho :).

Would be really good if plugins could be more easily managed than through that kludgy damn interface.

jebba
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galeon has pretty much gone the way of the dodo.

Lots are clamouring for firefox err, firebird, thunderbird, uh, what's it called again? ;)

I'll pop it in the in 10001 if I have space and see if I can get Real preconfigured correctly. I tried to use Helixplayer (RealMedia's Free Software version of realplayer) to play video from http://www.democracynow.org but it wasn't having any of it. I'd like to get that figgered out. mplayer sometimes does a good job with these things, but only if you give it the link directly--lots of Real sites bury the real URL a couple links deep.

I may do a 10001 in the next month (sooner?) since Fedora has released a new kernel for it. I just need to get my development environment all set up & I'm on the road right now.

-Jeff

anduin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if this helps .. I just installed realplayer 8.0 and to allow it to work from mozilla i just copied rpnp.so to /usr/lib/mozilla-1.6/plugins/

Radio1 link works fine for me now :-)

Maybe this is useful for you ? maybe not :)

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP