BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:42 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Prostitution
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:01 pm 
What do you think about prostitution?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:15 pm 
Ambiguous question.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:58 pm
Posts: 187
Location: Dominican Republic
always has been, always will be... Not my taste, but it's a fact...

-human nature ???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:02 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 621
Location: London
Depends on the situation. If a woman has no money to feed her kids, would it be wrong to prostitute? I personally the government should legalise it and monitor it. Less people being killed that way, not so many rapists I would assume and maybe a decent income on a world where getting a job is increasingly hard.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:37 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:17 pm
Posts: 1340
Location: London, UK
I thnk that we'd have a better society full stop if all women had better education. Won't stop prostitution but at least "we the society" could educate or help them out on things like hygene or general health and such

_________________
BLAG 'em up!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:26 am
Posts: 47
Location: Finland
Fuck that, go see some documentary about human trafficking - poor fathers and grandmothers selling their young daughters to lecherous pimps. Men and women with money on their mind kidnapping town girls, seducing them with empty promises of work.
Lust for nubile flesh must be satisfied, supply and demand, praise God for global commerce!
What goes around comes around, so in 200 years we'll be selling our boys and girls to horny fuckers.
Legalizing and taxing prostitution is like lying in your own filth and telling yourself it's honey from heaven.

Sure, having a sex life is your birthright but raping some one... buying pussy or ass when you can't get laid - that's kinda... sad. Go put your dicks in a vice or learn yourselves yoga.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:38 pm
Posts: 373
Location: Athol, Massachusetts, USA
NicePics13 wrote:
Fuck that, go see some documentary about human trafficking - poor fathers and grandmothers selling their young daughters to lecherous pimps. Men and women with money on their mind kidnapping town girls, seducing them with empty promises of work.


I believe in all these places, prostitution is illegal.

NicePics13 wrote:
Lust for nubile flesh must be satisfied, supply and demand, praise God for global commerce!
What goes around comes around, so in 200 years we'll be selling our boys and girls to horny fuckers.
Legalizing and taxing prostitution is like lying in your own filth and telling yourself it's honey from heaven.


Nice rant... But I don't think anyone said that prostitution is a good thing. But so long as we have a society based on the buying and selling of commodities, sex will be one of those commodities. Making it illegal doesn't get rid of it. It just drives it underground where it is easier for predators to operate. It also makes it easier for the legal system to victimize these women.

NicePics13 wrote:
Sure, having a sex life is your birthright but raping some one... buying pussy or ass when you can't get laid - that's kinda... sad. Go put your dicks in a vice or learn yourselves yoga.


Well, masturbation is an alternative also. But then sneeking around in video stores looking for just the right type of fetish can be kind of sad also. But at least it doesn't victimize anyone. Part of the problem is the shame attached to sex. Shame comes from punishment. If you feel ashamed of your urges you are more likely to sneek around in alleys away from where people might know you. Punish it, and you drive it further underground.

_________________
Ed LaBonte


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:26 am
Posts: 47
Location: Finland
You're right, if big companies had the chance to charge for the very air we breathe... nah, I'm stepping down from my soap box now :) Going out to do the little good I can.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:53 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 621
Location: London
We can have all the ifs and buts but at the end of the day prostitution will always happen as long as money is a necessity in life. Skipping morals for a second if a hot girl came along and said I am going to give you £100 to suck your member, would you say no? Works both ways doesn't it. There is a prostitute who works in Brixton Hill ironically. She doesn't need the cash. She does it because she loves sex. She earns about £1600 in ONE WEEK. I know because I know her. How many of us earn that? Admittedly she has to work a night shift so to speak but still she gets to pick who she shags and she has to fancy them too. If the shoe was on the other foot now and you walked into a nightclub and said ok I want that blond with big tits, that dark haired Kelly Brook lookalike and the Halle Berry over there dancing and they will each give me £100 to shag, who in their right mind wouldn't say okie dokie. Sure I am being an idealist now because most prostitution is seedy but don't think of it all like that. Every single escort agency you can think of no doubt has 'classy' prostitution going on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:38 pm
Posts: 373
Location: Athol, Massachusetts, USA
Jason wrote:
Admittedly she has to work a night shift so to speak but still she gets to pick who she shags and she has to fancy them too. If the shoe was on the other foot now and you walked into a nightclub and said ok I want that blond with big tits, that dark haired Kelly Brook lookalike and the Halle Berry over there dancing and they will each give me £100 to shag, who in their right mind wouldn't say okie dokie. Sure I am being an idealist now because most prostitution is seedy but don't think of it all like that. Every single escort agency you can think of no doubt has 'classy' prostitution going on.


That's not quite a good analogy. How about if the woman who wanted to have sex with you for 100 pounds was as big and hairy as a truck (lorry) driver, smelled bad, and picked her nose? And if you couldn't give her an orgasm she beat the crap out of you?

_________________
Ed LaBonte


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:32 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 621
Location: London
ewl wrote:
That's not quite a good analogy. How about if the woman who wanted to have sex with you for 100 pounds was as big and hairy as a truck (lorry) driver, smelled bad, and picked her nose? And if you couldn't give her an orgasm she beat the crap out of you?


Now you are going down the road of forced/desperate sex because I wouldn't go for a girl I didn't fancy. Both sides have choices at the top end of prostitution. Anyway I would no doubt have a pimp - Vasco where are you these days :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:18 pm
Posts: 17
ewl wrote:
But then sneeking around in video stores looking for just the right type of fetish can be kind of sad also. But at least it doesn't victimize anyone.
I'm not sure that is quite right. Just as some women are forced into prostitution, so some are also forced into making such films. There may be some who choose to make such films, but there will also be some who are forced to by either circumstance or others, so they are being victimized.

_________________
Do not fear going forward slowly, fear only to stand still - Chinese Proverb


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:58 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 621
Location: London
NeilL wrote:
I'm not sure that is quite right. Just as some women are forced into prostitution, so some are also forced into making such films. There may be some who choose to make such films, but there will also be some who are forced to by either circumstance or others, so they are being victimized.


The thing is like any topic this topic was too generic. Forced prostitution does not summarise all prostitution. Ever go to Amsterdam? Try it because it shows the other side of the coin. I know girls who do these things and earn more than anyone else I know. Their choice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:38 pm
Posts: 373
Location: Athol, Massachusetts, USA
I think he was talking about pornography rather than prostitution. But I guess the same argument applies. I think the best way to stem the abusiveness is if sex workers organize to defend their rights. It might sound like a joke, but I'm serious. So long as we have a commodity based society sex will be bought and sold and sex workers should defend themselves against abuse just like other workers in society.

_________________
Ed LaBonte


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:58 pm
Posts: 187
Location: Dominican Republic
ewl wrote:
So long as we have a commodity based society sex will be bought and sold and sex workers should defend themselves against abuse just like other workers in society.


Very valid point ! At first, it sounds like a joke, but it is not... If sex is a commodity, regardless of one's judgement about that fact, sex-workers should be organised.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group